PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Seeking opinions on H3 adventure package

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Default RE: Seeking opinions on H3 adventure package

The adventure option would be nice for those rare pccasions, but if you mainly use it as a daily driver, not needed. The H3 is very capable off road in base form, as many owners will attest. The truck is only part of the equation in offoad, the driver also makes a big difference. Also, it seems that the non-adventure versions get better gas mileage due to the smaller tires.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Sandy07H3BG

ORIGINAL: adventurous

I'm in the process of ordering an H3 and was deciding if I should order the off-road package. The salesman has said almost no one orders it and is somewhat steering me away from it. ...
Does the salesman want to sell you a specific H3 on his lot right now and is trying to talk you into it? ...
The salesman is not trying to talk me into something on the lot sinceI also want the side air bags, another rare item, so I'll be factory ordering for sure. You'd think he'd want me to get the adventure package as it's more money.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

The adventure option would be nice for those rare pccasions, but if you mainly use it as a daily driver, not needed. The H3 is very capable off road in base form, as many owners will attest. The truck is only part of the equation in offoad, the driver also makes a big difference. Also, it seems that the non-adventure versions get better gas mileage due to the smaller tires.
Does anyone know if Icount mount the standard, smaller tires even with an adventure package? That may give me the option of better handling (?) and better mileage in the future if I need it.
I assume the speedometer and the odometer would be out of spec with the tire change.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: adventurous

Does anyone know if Icount mount the standard, smaller tires even with an adventure package? That may give me the option of better handling (?) and better mileage in the future if I need it.
I assume the speedometer and the odometer would be out of spec with the tire change.
Yeah you can and I've got a set of the 265 tiresmounted on OEM wheels, I'll swap you out at no extra charge, hell I'll even mount 'em on your truck for you.. I think there's maybe 3000 miles on 'em.. The differences in s MPH ain't anything to worry about.. You're looking a maybe a 2mph difference at 65.. Most speedometers are off by that much one way or the other anyway..

Old 03-26-2007, 06:28 AM

I drove both the adventure package and the regular H3. Before i ordered my adventure package. It seemed like the regular H3 floated on the freeway and was harder to stay in my lane in the snow. It also seemed to handle better because of the stiffer suspension.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Get what you want, not what the dealer is trying to un-load.

Go for the sunroof too!

I had to special order mine.

After going off road you may enjoy it and want to get out more often. I have never heard of someone regretting they got the Adventure Package.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:34 PM

Ok so my opinion after driving the 07 Lux around with the 35" Toyo Open Country MTs... I hate it compared to my 06 Adventure... the ride is a lot different. If you plan on taking it offroad I would just go with the Adventure or both...Just my 2cents... It even feels like the low lock gear ratios are way different... It doesn't feel as solid....

Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 2luke2

Ok so my opinion after driving the 07 Lux around with the 35" Toyo Open Country MTs... I hate it compared to my 06 Adventure... the ride is a lot different. If you plan on taking it offroad I would just go with the Adventure or both...Just my 2cents... It even feels like the low lock gear ratios are way different... It doesn't feel as solid....
having the t-bars cranked is gonna change the ride abit
did you have the t-bars cranked on ur 06 ?
that might be some of the reason ur not liking the ride of the 07
just a thought

Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 AM

It sounds to me like you're not sure, and from past experience, when you're not sure, just go for the upgrade, coz once you get the base, you can't really add the adventure extras if you changed your mind... so if you don't mind spending the $$, just get the adventure. IMO, the other differences (eg ride quality) is minor compared to the real big differences that you can't change once you get the base eg rear lockers, better ratio.

Before you order the hummer with your specific options, which was what we thought of doing, we actually did some research looking at many many dealers' inventories to figure out which combination of options were readily available, and then decided whether it was good. Eg. in the beginning we wanted the mp3 player,but that extremely rare (unless we ordered), so we gave that up and I figured I'll upgrade the stereo later... in the end, you likely get a better price if you could get a car off the dealer's lot... just my 2 cents

Old 03-27-2007, 02:21 AM

ORIGINAL: bobopotato
IMO, the other differences (eg ride quality) is minor
u must not put many miles on ur H3
cause we drive ours alot cause we live in the country
and ride quality is a big + on these non maintained country roads lol

thats the gr8 thing about hummers and hummer owners
they are bought for many diffrent reasons and needs
but they all look gr8 doin what they do

Quick Reply: Seeking opinions on H3 adventure package