PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Security System locked

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Default Security System locked

hi
I have 2007 hummer H3, luxury package and European spec (RHD). went to vehicle this morning, unlocked using remote, inserted ignition key but it would not start or even turn over. SECURITY SYSTEM LIGHT stays lit on red and the whole vehicle seems immobilised. there is a faint whirring when I continue to turn the ignition key but to no avail. the gear stick is stuck in PARK and I am unable to move it to neutral or any other position. I am now finding that the remote control only works occasionally - sometimes it opens the door locks, sometimes not. I have tried every hour today but no luck.
got my mother-in-law staying and she wants to go out!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

SEARCH.... Passlock

Passlock issue

Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by rheff
hi
I have 2007 hummer H3, luxury package and European spec (RHD). went to vehicle this morning, unlocked using remote, inserted ignition key but it would not start or even turn over. SECURITY SYSTEM LIGHT stays lit on red and the whole vehicle seems immobilised. there is a faint whirring when I continue to turn the ignition key but to no avail. the gear stick is stuck in PARK and I am unable to move it to neutral or any other position. I am now finding that the remote control only works occasionally - sometimes it opens the door locks, sometimes not. I have tried every hour today but no luck.
got my mother-in-law staying and she wants to go out!!!!!!
Put your mother in Law in the rig and press Lock,,,,

Old 09-26-2014, 01:55 AM

Tried that but she made loadsa noise!

Old 09-26-2014, 01:57 AM

I have looked at PASSLOCK issues but nothing there that's helpful - a bit like the response from this forum

Old 09-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rheff
I have looked at PASSLOCK issues but nothing there that's helpful - a bit like the response from this forum
Really.

GM Passlock Security Light Issues

You have either a VATS failure, or a combinations of VATS and Passlock failure. Google it.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:46 AM

hi Doc Olds. i did send you a private message earlier because this thread wouldnt let me reply before but now it does!!
anyway it seems that you are most likely to be right in your assessment about the problem - either Passlock system and/or VATS evidenced by the gear shift being locked as well. my problem is that i live in Northern Cyprus but i might as well be in Outer Mongolia. Hummer Europe has closed and there is only one garage on the island and they are pretty useless and trying to explain in english when the owner speaks turkish and very little english only adds to the frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am not even sure that they keep their diagnostic tool up to date.
anyway is there a way to establish if i have a Passlock 1, 11 or 111?
what can i tell the garage man to do in simple terms????
OMG this is sooooo frustrating HELP

Old 09-27-2014, 05:02 AM

by the way i got someone to jump start the hummer and it started first time. immediately took it for 50 mile drive then returned home, turned engine off and went to bed. this morning same problem - will not start!

Old 09-27-2014, 05:13 AM

Do you have OEM battery clamps?

They are a known problem which can cause all sorts of electrical issues. The BCM (brain) is very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Those clamps can be loose and not having a good connection leads to problems. Tightening them actually makes them looser. They are pieces of crap. It could be that your alternator is not charging your battery because this connection is loose.

First thing I would do is to cut them off and replace them with a good quality clamp.
Then make sure your battery is charged. Then see if your problems go away.
If not, at least you eliminated the most common cause.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:36 AM

hi all
i have tried all the re-set instructions for the passlock/security system but nothing works! the vehicle is stuck in PARK so i cant move it either. i have rung the garage owner but he doesnt know what to do other than send a mechanic to drop the axle (or whatever) and then tow it to his shop. but from talking on the phone to him i dont think he has a clue. i keep reading to him stuff and advice from this forum and now he says i know more than him. now he is thinking of sending over a mechanic with the hummer diagnostic tool but also says that he wont be able to read the instructions/advice because the readout isnt in turkish so can i help him????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what i need is clear and concise instructions as what to tell the garage to do. so far i think the advice from you guys is as follows :-
1. remove battery connectors and replace with good quality ones.
2. by-pass the PASSLOCK and/or VAT SYSTEMS and start vehicle
3. replace ignition lock?
4. ????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Security System locked