PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Seat Belt Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Default Seat Belt Alarm

Hello Everyone, and Thanks for letting me join. I just purchased for my wifeour very first GM product, a '07 H3 and so far so good. But I do have one gripe, the damn seat belt alarm. Does anyone know how to silence this idiot alarm? This thing is driving me crazy. I asked the stealer, and all they said it was part of the airbag system and they couldn't disable it. I think that is a load of you know what, cause I've done it on my Ford products, with no ill effects to the airbags. BTW it has been tested, and not by choice. LOL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David

Old 04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Seat Belt Alarm

Well, it's like this. To stop the seat belt alarm WEAR YOUR FRICKIN' BELT!!!!!! DUH!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM

There is a connector at the base of the seat belt (female side). You should be able to disconnect it and use soome wire to short between the 2 terminals so that it thinks the circuit is complete. Look at the floor near the seat close to the center console.

That being said, I wouldn't do it for safety reasons.

Dale

Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM

This has been asked over and over. You can fasten it behind you, like I may do, could go to a junk yard and cut one out or wear it. Just giving you aheads up you are going to get some Sh** for this one,people just yelling to wear it. Be prepared.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 PM

zzpw3x and Bennersj, thanks for the hints. I did get one nasty reply, but hey we live in the US and it's their right to spout off any crap they want too, and I don't have to listen.If I don't want to wear it, it is my choice. DUH, and you know who you are.

Thanks Again,
David

Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 PM

It's just opne of those topics, being new you will learn. Their is a good group of people on here and we all do enjoy beating each other up IN FUN time to time. Seat belts are just one of those topics each person has their own strong feelings about. I asked the same question when I first signed up, don't be offended, as I see you weren't.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:42 PM

no value judgement here but I just don't feel comfortable in the front seats anymore without the seatbelts on. And it was one of the factors in breaking up with a girl - she wouldn't wear a seat belt. If she didn't care enough about her life, why should I?

Diesel, not imposing my beliefs on you (good ole US of A) but simply sharing my opinion.

So, where are the friggin' pics? Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 AM

For the record, I always wear a seatbelt on the road, and even offroading, however, at work I'm getting inand out allot and not going over 10 mph and the seatbelt thing gets irritating.

Stick a key down in the seatbelt latch until it clicks then pull the key out. After you use the seatbelt (press the unlatch button) it will go back to normal operation.

BTW: Next time save your self some grief and use the search function.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM

Yeah I know who I am Diesel Dork, let me put it to it this way...I'm sick and tired of dolts making my job miserable and running up my insurance rates because you're too stupid to wear your frickin' belt. Yeah, we've touched on this subject before and it still pisses me off. If you're not in the emergency services then you'll never understand. If you are and you've seen enough death and mayhem because of peoples stupidity then you'll know exactly where I'm coming from. Sure it's your choice, it's also your choice to put one round in the cylinder, spin it one good timeand pull the triggerto see what happens.

Geeze! Why do N00Bs have to keep asking this question??? I need to go destress now.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

It's just opne of those topics, being new you will learn. Their is a good group of people on here and we all do enjoy beating each other up IN FUN time to time. Seat belts are just one of those topics each person has their own strong feelings about. I asked the same question when I first signed up, don't be offended, as I see you weren't.
We do like to rip on each other every now and than.

It's the law to wear the seatbelt so I'm just used to wearing it all the time, even when off roading.

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Alarm