PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

'Scuse me for my rant...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 'Scuse me for my rant...

There has to be a way to defeat it, RealJeep..... same with CAGS that Chevy came out with.... same with the column lock issues on the C5's.....

Don't just rant and drop it.... find out how it works.... if you hate it you can't be the only one.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:20 PM

I'm not dropping it and was hoping someone who was well connected might know. It's a function of some stinking computer somewhere that obviously knows how to drive better than I do in an emergency stop. Problem is, no body has told that stinking computer when to stop mashing my brakes. I read a post on here a while back from someone that said he gets better mileage with his turned off. I can't confirm that this is true but ya gotta wonder....

Old 11-04-2007, 02:56 AM

I'm lost, what exactly is your problem with it? Have you always turned it off, never giving it a chance?

I've never had it kick in on the 3 but have experienced it in a Trailblazer at work a few times in ice and rain. In one instance in the rain going 65 on the highway Ihit a puddle,the light on the dash came on I could feel the ABS pulse quickly through the accelerator asI continued in a relatively strait line. The car 100 yards behind me hit the same spot and was suddenly in the next lane.

I've had a truck hydroplane on the highway (now that I think about it this was on the same highway)before and suddenly dart across three lanes when I couldn't recover and knew my choices were to hit the wall or smash the brakes and hope for the best,I got lucky.

Given the option of having a computer take over and independently apply pressure to the brakes, and going backwards on highway at 65 MPH hoping not to hit a wall or another vehicle, I take stabilitrac.

We all like to think we're good drivers. I'm my case I give credit to my amazing driving skills for not hitting that wall. [sm=smiley9.gif] While my driving skills can be questioned, I'm at least a smart driver and concede to technology and leave the stabilitrac turned on.

Seriously, what are the downfalls of the stabilitrac system? The only scenarios I can think of where stabilitrack would interfere with recovering from a bad situation are instance that stabilitrac never lets you get in to in the first place.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:02 AM

That said, I don't have any experiance with GMs PCMs but I knowin Fords, things like this are controled primarily by the PCM and can easily be turned off within the programing software. Finding somebody to turn off a safety feature is another story.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 AM

I don't care how good of a driver you are you can't do crap on ice! Stabitrac saved my bacon a couple of times!! I'm glad I have it. By 2010 all cars will have it. Sorry 5 seconds is such a PITA for you.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 AM

Not real concerned about ICE in Florida Vader,for me it's un-necessary[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 AM

Florida..Heaven's waiting room

Old 11-05-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Florida..Heaven's waiting room

Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 PM

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]What? DVader, have you lost your mind? Florida is a nice place to visit but I don't wanna live here. Other than the weather and no state tax Florida isn't utopia anymore. I'm looking to retire MUCH further north in a few years. Someplace where the ants don't sting, there aren't roaches the size of mice, where it's too cold for the dreaded Love Bugsto destroy your cars paint job and there are actually wide open places to Four Wheel in.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]What? DVader, have you lost your mind? Florida is a nice place to visit but I don't wanna live here. Other than the weather and no state tax Florida isn't utopia anymore. I'm looking to retire MUCH further north in a few years. Someplace where the ants don't sting, there aren't roaches the size of mice, where it's too cold for the dreaded Love Bugsto destroy your cars paint job and there are actually wide open places to Four Wheel in.
If I were to move, and I won't my choice would be the Carolinas near the coast..hurricane territory.

Quick Reply: 'Scuse me for my rant...