PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Scraped and scratched Cargo Area Plastic

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Question Scraped and scratched Cargo Area Plastic

I just purchased a used 2006 H3 with a rather scraped and scratched cargo area plastic sides. I bought Novus 3 and 2 scratch removers, but have not used them yet. I would like to know if anyone has detailed/corrected this type of damage and what proved successful.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Never used them but please keep us posted. My german shepherd had a field day in my cargo area and scratched mine pretty bad. mine has scratches everywhere and i only have 7200 miles on my H3 and would like to try and remove the scratches if possible.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 PM

I'm anxious to read your feedback as well. I've got scratches and scuffs back there too, mainly from my dog's kennel. I've wiped it down with cleaners and such, but the residue in the scratches still shows up.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM

should probably do what i do. put a old blanket or rag or something under and around everything i put back there. not a single scratch

Old 11-06-2009, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by panamera
should probably do what i do. put a old blanket or rag or something under and around everything i put back there. not a single scratch
Won't help much if you already have the scratches! I wonder what a body shop would do?

Bb

Old 11-06-2009, 07:07 AM

Hope a body shop or detailing guy is in this forum.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by D VADER
Won't help much if you already have the scratches! I wonder what a body shop would do?

Bb
I have a few scratches on the trunk door panel. I was thinking of touching it up and repaint the whole panel with a rattle can?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by D VADER
I have a few scratches on the trunk door panel. I was thinking of touching it up and repaint the whole panel with a rattle can?
That's what I would do if cleaning no longer does the job. It's also probably better to remove the panels for painting.

Soft touch interior paint would work well. I'd try to get the professional level factory matched stuff and associated prep sovent from a local automotive paint supplier though for best results.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:36 AM

You can paint interior parts. SEM makes paint for that. The panels that you need to paint HAVE TO BE SUPER CLEAN or the paint won't stick. I use Dawn dishwashing soap for the first 3 times I clean a panel, then use a good wax and grease remover, then use a final clean product. If you have any trace of Armor All or any type of interior cleaner the paint WILL NOT STICK and you end up with more problems than when you started.

Interior painting can be done but it is very difficult to be done the right way.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 PM

The only other way would be getting replacement panels in the junkyard as new would probably be very expensive.

Anyhow, thanks I bookedmarked the SEM website for future reference.

Quick Reply: Scraped and scratched Cargo Area Plastic