PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Scan Guage II - $179 Check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Default RE: Scan Guage II

I know Im bad. I just have found different input and have contacts I like on each. Apparently a lot offolks surf around. I really enjoy it when I can't get out much. People that know me call it Hunnerizing ha ha, it is what I do. I actually use all that for part of my business, so see, I have to have it, right? The H3 is just a good platform for all of that. How do you think I pay for this "stuff"? You gotta make your toys pay for themselves.I will probably slow down now.
I played around with the mounting and it really would be nice in line of site on the dash but there is no way I see to make that look nice. I mounted mine all the way forward so it did not block idiot lights on the tack and speedo. I really don't watch the odometer that much when Im driving? It is also lower up there but it helps some of us seasoned drivers with multilevel viewing devices to have it in the lower half. I know a chopper pilot that has his prescription upside down because of all the gadgets over his head and can see out and down at a distance. Now if we could get it in a heads up display................

Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 AM

RutDogg: Yeah I was talking about the rear view mirror....I saw the install pic one time and then couldn’t find it again.
Finding that balance of form and function is fun if you get it right...I'll keep you posted...
Backstopper? -- That one of those collision alarms/sensors?

Hunner: That install of yours is very clean and a good option. These H3's just don’t give you a lot of options for mounting
your tech'........."Business related".....I smell tax deduction....

As for forum participation, initially I joined every one I could find but have since whittled it down
to just a few I monitor closely and only two I actually post in and would consider "home".

Got to say though, I've learnedsomething from everyone I've ever visited.

(Except for the ones that appear to have been abandoned)--Some creepy ****...Good looking sites, just no people or posts....

Crap.....Back to the Scan Guage II----I'd love to know just how many got bought by forum members.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:34 AM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

My "mock up" doesn't block anything.
Any pics? Maybe I am missing how you plan/desire to mount it. I can take some pics this weekend to show how it does not fit in front of the shifter, with the body inside the cubby and the face pointing straight up.

For the rest who have installed, I am curious what 4 gauges you plan to display on any given day? Or are you installing it to monitor the bad MPG (LOL) ?

Old 02-02-2007, 07:11 AM

Not sure what you mean by cubby. I'm referring to the black plastic between the top of the shifter and the bottom of the dash. I'll try to post a pic later.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 AM

Gunner
Yeah....Backstopper consists of four bumper mounted sensors, a small speaker which lets out 3 distinct tones depending on how close you come to the object, and an led readout which tells you how close you are to the object. My neighbors across the street have two little ones, my next door neighbors also have two little ones so the backstopper has almost become a necessity for me.

http://www.crimestopper.com/ just click on the backstopper link.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Man, I want this thing so much, but I already have too much crap in my car and on the dash. Even though it's functional, I think the tv monitor, laptop connection and radar detector is enough. I'm actually thinking about going Dennis's route, the way i USED to be, which is, less is more, because I'm kinda realizing that even though the whole coolness factor is there, I REALLY don't need this stuff. The GPS connection is the only thing I use on a regular basis but only as a reference, I don't drive with it going most of the time.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Yeah....I like my Hummer kind of clean on the inside. I have a very tasteful iPod mount just to the right of my shifter. I will have the backstopper display mounted on top of the rear view, but I can make it look like it belongs there. The only other thing I'm considering is the scan gauge. I refuse to mount anything on top of my dash or steering column which is why I'm asking so many questions about the scan gauge. I want to see where it will look good.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

I'm like you. Every switch and device I have looks like it's part of the car. You can't see any wires dangling. Everything is inside the dash or linings of the interior (except for thw power and USB cables for the laptop) but even those have a wire wrap around them. After driving my loaner around for 3 days or so, I kinda reversed my thinking on having things on top of the dash. I mean the only reason I have the radar detector is because is has the NOAA Weather Radio built into it and comes on if a severe weather issue get's issued. I don't even have it on most of the time. There are enough idiot drivers out there the way it is. I don't want to be another one on the list.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 PM

Exactly...a clean look is the only way to go.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Yea I may start. I didn't realize how nice it was until the rental. I think I got carried away. Did you ever see my dashboard pics? There is a post around here with them, actually on photobucket. I'll post some links in a few.

Quick Reply: Scan Guage II - $179 Check it out!