PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

say it ain't so!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Default say it ain't so!

this is an update to the (infamous GM meeting post)...
Well today my wife and I picked up our new H3 Alpha thru the GM buyback. All things were going well during the paperwork signings- as you recall - the agreement was Alpha MSRP minus MSRP on my 07 H3. There was approx a 4500k difference that I was responsible for in the upgrade. I have waited for at least 6 weeks for all the stars to align to take possession of the new Alpha and guess what???? The dumba** dealership never checked the navigation system and the passenger seat controls...Neither of them are working. Can you believe this? After everything we've been thru on the 07 H3 and lemon issues we're already starting off with some fixes on a "BRAND NEW" truck. It's just ridiculous and makes my stomach turn because we're so excited to turn the page and then this. I know it'll be fixed (take out entire nav and order replacemnt) rewire the seat controls but where's the quality control? where's the pride in making sure a new car has passed all cosmetic tests? So nothing's changed we're going back to the dealership for repair on Monday...oh yeah, I'll let you know when I can start enjoying the Alpha.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: say it ain't so!

Unbelievable jpac. I guess I have been very lucky. I just haven't had any of the issues some of you guys have and I buy a lot of cars. It has to get better. I bet once they get these things fixed you don't have anymore issues with the Alpha. We have had zero problems with ours.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:29 AM

CRAP!!!

You think after all you went through, GM woulda MADE SURE that this one was PERFECT!!![:@]

Oh well, at least ya still have an ALPHA!!! Could be WORSE!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 AM

It'll get better......!!!! It has to! You've been through a lot, just like me, and now it has changed for all the better

Old 01-26-2008, 08:06 AM

You would think that somebody would hae double checked everything knowing what you have been thru. Keep you chin up it will be over soon.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM

It sounds like they forgot to perform the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) when it was unloaded off the truck at the dealership. The inspection process would have caught those things and it would have been fixed before you even saw the truck. oh well. radio swaps are easy in the H3 and wire repairs are no big deal. You will enjoy the truck soon!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Your Dealer sucks...........plain and simple. It is exactly as HummerMike said, dealer prep. Except, they gave you none. Guess their idea of prep is a wash after pulling off all the plastic wrap inside and out?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

I'm thinking you need to buy a Schwin.....

Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Yeah, it'd be nice if those pre-delivery inspections meant anything. Then I wouldn't received a new H3 with a dead (I mean DEAD) battery and no high beams.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM

Yea, it seems like some dealerships don't take those seriously which is a bad thing. The dealer where I work won't even show a customer the truck until it has had the PDI completed. We take those very seriously so these things don't happen when the customer takes delivery of the truck. Once in a while you will get a dead battery on the lot but that's why it's important to reposition your inventory frequently.