PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Save Money on Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Default Save Money on Shocks

First off I would like to thank all the members on the forum that responded to my questions about my vehicle. I currently own a 2008 H3, with a few extras added on. My add on's include a Skyjacker leveling kit, and 35 inch Dick Cepek Radial FC II tires. After I installed the leveling kit on the vehicle, I noticed that the shock absorbers where not operating correctly. After speaking to my mechanic he stated that the vehicle's shock's were not long enough so I decided to do some research. The only shock's I found for the truck were the Cognito/ Bilsteins for $180.00 with shipping. I almost purchased the shock's, but decided to keep on looking for a cheeper alternative. I found a website called Fat Bob's Garage. The company is based out of Utah and has aftermarket kit's and parts for 4wd vehicle's. While on the site i found a set of Chevy/GMC shock extender brackets for $50.00. i spoke to one of the tech's at the store, and he stated that the brackets should work. I went ahead and ordered the brackets and had them installed on my truck. I must say these things are amazing, the truck rides like the day I got it and I save a ton of $$$$$$$. If you are going to add a leveling kit to your Hummer, I do not recomend the Skyjacker kit because the kit does not come with shock extenders. From what I read it sounds like the Ready Lift kit is the best. If you have any questions regarding the leveling of your truck, tires, or shock's please feel free to email me at ckerr18@yahoo.com. I must say the truck looks great and i will post some pics ASAP. Once again thanks for the advice.