PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Default For Sale

Here she is... Call or email with more info. I've dumped 25k into it, on top of what I paid for the truck, making it close to 65k, if not more. I can't expect to get that much back out, but i will contemplate a reasonable offer. New Jasper crate engine with roughly 100 miles on it. Going to keep driving it because i can, hehe. Truck is in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.

JeremyEWhitley@hotmail.com
850-368-5551

Attached Thumbnails For Sale-hummer-pics-071.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-072.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-073.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-074.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-075.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM

And more... as you can tell I am proud!

Attached Thumbnails For Sale-hummer-pics-076.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-077.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-079.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-081.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-080.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM

And the last one...

Attached Thumbnails For Sale-hummer-pics-026.jpg   For Sale-hummer-pics-027.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 11:09 AM

Looks like you rhino lined the roof, bumpers, mirrors and side skirts. How much are you asking?

do you have service records on the truck?

How many owners?

all keys, toos, and manuals?

Are the seats cloth with covers?

any damage, everything work including ctis?

do you have all the winch remotes and access?

Like some pics posted of the resr compartment and back seat area if possible.

Brake wear on pads annd rotor?

last major service?

Truck need anything?

thanks

Mike

Last edited by $$$=SPEED; 11-24-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:16 PM

I have everything that has been done since I've owned the vehicle. It was handed over in a condition that was appealing only to the eye, but mechanically was in a condition that only an idiot would bite off on. I was that idiot. Since then, i have replaced or examined virtually every moving part.

When i bought it the windshield washers didnt work, The power steering pump (replaced) was leaking the valve covers were leaking, two of the hub seals were leaking, the injector pump, lift pump, injectors, glow plugs, GP controller (all replaced) and everything else under the sun was acting up. After having it for roughly a month, the injector pump gave up the ghost. I had the injector and lift pump replaced, only to throw trash into the injectors. Hence injector replacement. After getting it back it threw the code for the glow plugs. I replaced the controller, and it still threw the code, so i replaced the plugs. After getting it back from a very good diesel shop, i took it to the dealer to get the hub seals immediately after. Those got fixed.

The very same day I took my wife to church. On the way there, i got gas. Had to step on it in order to get into traffic and it lost vacuum to the transmission because of the pending doom inside the motor. I spun a main bearing, and burnt the rings and the turbo in less that three seconds. Soooo, that leads me to where we are now.

I took it back to the diesel shop and laughed. They felt awful for me. It took a week to make a decision as to what i was going to do. We decided that a Jasper crate motor was the way to go. Jasper sent a new motor, new turbo, new everything. We put it in and i have been extremely happy with it. It came with a two year warranty and anything screwed up will be taken care of by Jasper.

Onto the things that ive done to it... I line-x'd (better in my opinion) the pushbar, roof, control arms, springs, undercarriage, bumper, racks, light bar, mirrors, and winch plate. It looked good before, but i thought that look was better, plus more durable in case i wanted to go offroad. That was done before the motor gave out. The guy did an outstanding job.

I am the fifth owner of this vehicle, according to the weasel that pawned it off on me.

The CTIS components other than the pump appear to be missing; the lines are missing. Not to BS, i haven't tested it and the aftermarket wheels were there when i got there, so i cant speak smartly on how well it works, or if it does at all. I assume that it was pulled most likely because the person that owned it before me got sick of replacing the seals.

There is one key for this vehicle, as well as the keyless entry remote. Since the first round of work was done on it, it lost the coding. It does work, just needs to be reprogrammed from the truck. The closest place to me is Mobile, Al., and thats just too far for a FOB reprogram.

The winch has the remote and will pull your house off the foundation. It works great! I've used it multiple times to pull city folks out of the sand on the sideroads.

I dont have any manuals, sorry.

The seats are cloth with covers, The covers are neoprene, like a dive suit. I have taken them off recently to see what they actually look like. They're clean, no tears, stains or anything out of the ordinary.

The truck has no damage, no cracks in the fiberglass, and is not rusting anywhere. The places where the wagons rust, aren't. Its been in a garage, not necessarily mine since ive had it. From the looks of the metal, someone else took care of it as well. Paint is not perfect. Has some scuffs and stuff that i could easily have buffed out. Most of the marks are from a rotary buffer anyhow.

As far as the brakes, theyre fine. I just looked at them before the motor went in... Three quarters of the pads in the front and the backs look new. Rotors are great. No pulsing, therefore not warped.

The rear view mirror broke its crystal type stuff, so its light in one spot and dark in the other... I bought a new mirror and its in the truck, just havent taken the five minutes to install it. No big deal.

I will send you the picture of the back area. Its clean and never gets used, except for groceries.

Does it need anything?? No. Are there things if i were to keep it forever i would do? Yes... Numero uno... I would give it very good paint job. And lastly, i would replace the passengers side windshield. Its got a little fog looking mess on the inside corner. As nit-picky as i am, i would do that for sure. Oh and then maybe leather seats. Id like that. The CTIS i couldnt care less about. Youre doing something stupid if you pop a tire like its got already lol.

Oh and one other thing. When the motor got replaced, we broke open the tranny, t-case, gear boxes, and diffs. Good news, they were all in perfect condition. Replaced everything we could with synthetics and the rest has been replaced with brand new fluids. New AC lines, new hoses, new everything. Even the battery box has been rubber coated. I would honestly feel confortable taking a road trip across the country and know for a fact i wont have a single problem.

Last but not least, asking price. The answer is, i dont know. I have got 65k rolled into it. Receipts for at least 25k of it, plus the 40k i paid. Make me an offer. I do have a bottom line, but i know im gonna get raped on it no matter what.

Bottom line is: I love that truck. I've poured my heart, soul, blood, sweat, and tears into it. The only reason I am letting it go is because I'm not a millionaire, and its just not practical. I'm an enlisted military dude with a family.

Originally Posted by $$$=SPEED
Looks like you rhino lined the roof, bumpers, mirrors and side skirts. How much are you asking?

do you have service records on the truck?

How many owners?

all keys, toos, and manuals?

Are the seats cloth with covers?

any damage, everything work including ctis?

do you have all the winch remotes and access?

Like some pics posted of the resr compartment and back seat area if possible.

Brake wear on pads annd rotor?

last major service?

Truck need anything?

thanks

Mike

Attached Thumbnails For Sale-hummer-pics-028.jpg  
Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 AM

Thank you for the great detailed honest reply. It sounds like most who buy the H1, dump tons of money in cause the jacka$$ before abused it or never serviced her. I am still looking at several others close to home so not prepared to make an offer but your truck seems to be in ship shape. Is the crate motor a 6.5 turbo deisel motor?

Many thanks

Mike

Old 12-01-2011, 05:44 PM

I am very interested but do not want to insult you do you have a starting price $$ for negotiations

Thanks tom

Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Many people decide to sell their H1s at the point in time where they either need to fix all the stuff they have worn out or sell the truck. Many elect to sell. That is why it is important to know what you are looking at when you buy one. I am not much for Rock Stars but the truck looks very nice. Since the Rock Stars are not CTIS compatible and not sure if they can even be made to be I assume that the connections were removed when the OEM wheels came off. Depending on how much is missing it can be a big deal or not. With the truck being from Florida most serious potential buyers will want pictures of the under carriage of the truck so you might want to go ahead and post them up. Prices have been going up, especially for wagons. Didn't notice above but what year is the truck?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 AM

The crate engine is a 6.5L direct replacement for the original, including a new turbo. You guys come up with any number ($$) you feel like. If its BS, I'll say no. I have thick skin and its not gonna hurt my feelings. My phone number is in the first post and please call me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas!

Old 12-10-2011, 12:41 PM

Its a 2000

Quick Reply: For Sale