PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Safe Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Default Safe Drivers

This is kind of surprizing..

Where are the safest drivers in the country?
Magazine ranks Des Moines, Iowa at the top; Columbia, S.C. the worst

A new magazine ranking says Des Moines, Iowa.
But the cities that follow on the list from Men’s Health Magazine may be somewhat puzzling. After Des Moines are Jersey City, New Jersey; New York City; Yonkers, New York, and San Francisco.

[/align][/align]
And where are the worst drivers?
Columbia, South Carolina,leads the list, followed by St. Louis; Greensboro, North Carolina; Jackson, Mississippi, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.
The survey used data from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Allstate Insurance and the Governors Highway Safety Association to rank 100 cities.[/align][/align]

Old 04-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Default RE: Safe Drivers

I think someone was smokin somethin on that survey...especially when it comes to NYC and Jersey City...I have driven both and if that is safe then what is suicide? The worse place to drive is Ithaca NY. Them people are just down right dangerous!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 AM

South Carolina being worst does not surprise me at all!!! Those people are crazy! Driving thru that state is like, it's like ... uh - I can't think of anything clever. [8D] It's dangerous, how's that?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:50 AM
JM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

This is kind of surprizing..

Magazine ranks Des Moines, Iowa at the top; Columbia, S.C. the worst

A new magazine ranking says Des Moines, Iowa.
But the cities that follow on the list from Men’s Health Magazine may be somewhat puzzling. After Des Moines are Jersey City, New Jersey; New York City; Yonkers, New York, and San Francisco.

[/align][/align]
And where are the worst drivers?
Columbia, South Carolina,leads the list, followed by St. Louis; Greensboro, North Carolina; Jackson, Mississippi, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.
The survey used data from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Allstate Insurance and the Governors Highway Safety Association to rank 100 cities.[/align][/align]
This cannot be true since Impy is living, thus driving, in New Jersey[8D]

Old 04-06-2007, 02:59 AM

I think it's probably due to the amount of population vs accidents etc. There are far more non vehicle owning pedestrians in many of those top cities (like New York City), unlike the others in the "worst" areas.

Here, the pedestrians are just walking to and from there cars.... LOL.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:50 PM

The reason why NYC and Jersey City (worst than NYC in areas) have good drivers is because we are used to driving that way. We may seem down right dangerous to outsiders traveling through but if you live here it's normal. Living and driving here does make your reaction time much quicker than say someone who only drives country roads. 50 MPH passes with less than 6 inches of room and driving under the cars bumper in front of you are the norm here and does make us better more responsive drivers.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:03 AM

I must say though when you all do crash there it is pretty spectactular...

Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 AM
JM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

The reason why NYC and Jersey City (worst than NYC in areas) have good drivers is because we are used to driving that way. We may seem down right dangerous to outsiders traveling through but if you live here it's normal. Living and driving here does make your reaction time much quicker than say someone who only drives country roads. 50 MPH passes with less than 6 inches of room and driving under the cars bumper in front of you are the norm here and does make us better more responsive drivers.

'What does'nt kill you makes you stronger' that NYC and JC drivers motto[8D][8D].

(The last time I took a cab In NYC I had to go back to my hotel to change my pants.)

Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: JM

(The last time I took a cab In NYC I had to go back to my hotel to change my pants.)
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 53
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 04-07-2007, 06:03 AM

Couldn't say about where the safest drivers are but I darn sure know where the "worst" drivers are:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=55078

http://www.thoseshirts.com/bs.html