PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rough couple of weeks for my 05 H2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Default Rough couple of weeks for my 05 H2

OK my rig is showing its 116K mile charm for me the last few weeks. Its been garage kept its whole life except the last 6 months, its sat outside.

So I now have the following issues:

My A/C is dead, needs a new high side line due to a bad valve
Dash lights are half out as is the oil pressure and trans temp gauges
The heated and power front seat functions are not working
Drivers side rear window regulator just broke
2 back clearance lights are leaking
Front clearance and or corner marker lights are leaking, drips from center onto dash as well as driver side grab handle.

Needs 4 tires, thanks to 2 worn out front hubs that I replaced 8 months ago, tires were cupped already.

Also noticed a bad CV joint on drivers side, boot is torn, so I will replace both of those. While I'm at it I'm going to replace all the rotors with some better ones and a complete break job. Braking is a little soft.

PLUS IT IS filthy dirty inside and out!

That's my rant of the year.

TH

Old 08-09-2015, 07:50 AM

Just go look at the new truck prices!....you're welcome.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:22 AM

Sounds like humidity got to a lot of the stuff. Either way, that stuff would have eventually gone, regardless of where you kept the H2.

I can recommend Stillen rotors if you want a performance rotor & don't mind paying a premium for it. The company stocks blank rotors, but will drill slots, cross drills or both (I picked both) upon order. Each order is semi-custom due to this. My stopping distance is a 1/3 less than with GMs stock rotors. I feel like I'm hitting the breaks in a smaller suv / large car & not a 6600 lb monster.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:45 AM

Sorry I didn't want to imply that I was getting rid of my H2. It's not going anywhere. Those are the only real problems I have had in 116K, so I'm not disappointed at all.

I'll check into Stillen, I always try to but American made if I can. I've only found one place in CA that states American made but I don't know if its American metal or not......

It will come off the road for a little bit. I was looking at a stroker 402 for it anyway along with a new transmission, so its time to do it all in prep for another 116K.

TH

Old 08-10-2015, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by tharber
Sorry I didn't want to imply that I was getting rid of my H2. It's not going anywhere. Those are the only real problems I have had in 116K, so I'm not disappointed at all.

I'll check into Stillen, I always try to but American made if I can. I've only found one place in CA that states American made but I don't know if its American metal or not......

It will come off the road for a little bit. I was looking at a stroker 402 for it anyway along with a new transmission, so its time to do it all in prep for another 116K.

TH
As per Stillen's site:
Made in the USA
We design and manufacturer all STILLEN parts in our Southern California based campus, which consists of several warehouses and manufacturing plants that span over 100,000 sq. ft. and allow us to manufacture CNC machined, fabricated tube and sheet metal, and carbon fiber products in-house. To see our capabilities for yourself, stop by for a tour the next time you're in the Southern California area!
Call them up & ask if they have US sources for metal.

Btw, they contacted me multiple time after purchasing to ensure I was happy w/ the product. They go out of their way to make sure you're happy. My H3 is getting the same treatment as the H2: crossdrilled & slotted rotors.