PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Rack Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Default Roof Rack Lights

Hi guys. I just purchased my first Hummer H2 on the weekend. I should have it on Tuesday. I can hardly wait! I have tried a friends H2 with roof racks in my garage and it just barely fits in. The 03 H2 that I just purchased has the off road lights on top of the roof racks. I know that this is not going to fit. My question is how would I take the off road lights off of the rack. Will this hole bar come off in one piece? Is there just a wire connector to just unplug for the lights? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug Will post pictures shortly.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Default RE: Roof Rack Lights

post some pics and it may be a little easier to help you out. It all depends on what light bar you have.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 PM

Dizzy, that bar should come off as an assembly like any other roof cross bar on an H2. There are a couple of screws/bolts under the rubber strip at the top of the cross bar the lights are mounted on, they hold the bar to the black side pieces.
Take the caps off the bars using the key, remove the screws holding (you need a torque bit on your screw driver, I think a 15 but I'm not 100% sure) the bar to the black side pieces and it *should* come off just fine. I had a hell of a time with mine because they've been on for over 3 years and never touched. As far as the electrical wiring on the lights down to the engine compartment I'm somewhat unsure. I *believe* there is a disconnect for them but since I don't actually have the lights myself, I can't verify it for you.
I do however have a problem with the notion that once the roof lights are installed you can't remove them without messing with the wiring. I'd like to think GM would know better than to half azz it to THAT extent!!!

Like JD said, some pics would be very helpful to us!

Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM

and i might wanna buy the light bar, if I can see some pics and you want to sell... DIBS!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

I vote... make the garage bigger....

Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

and i might wanna buy the light bar, if I can see some pics and you want to sell... DIBS!
I'll give you $1 more than jdrew for the light bar!
[/align]

Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 PM

Hi Guys. I picked up the H2 on Wednesday. Wouldn,t you know it, I was able to fold the lights down and it just barely makes it into the garage!!!From what I can see if I wanted to remove the lights I would use a key to unlock the end cap of the bar (the #on the cap reads E004) the lights should then slide off of the bar. In the meantime I will just leave them folded. At least that way I have the option of using them. Thanks for your replys . Doug

Old 08-17-2007, 12:11 AM

congrats on the new ride!! and welcome to the site!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I figure I'm gonna do this b4 HummBob does. [sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Quick Reply: Roof Rack Lights