PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

roof mount light bar???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Default roof mount light bar???

How much should a used stock roof mounted light bar go for?
You know the OEM option to have 4 lights mounted on a roof mounted cross bar

Thanks for your opinion on the price

Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Default light bar

I have the factory roof mounted lights on my H2. There are 2 types:

The High Profile series that have 4 round "lolly-pop" style on the bar.

or

The Low Profile series that have the 4 rectangular shaped lights that are parallel with the front of the bar itself.

Cost would depend on the style and condition of the lights and/or the bar & brackets.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:55 AM

i am looking at the lollipop style that came from the factory

i always called them the oem mickey mouse ears.

how much do you think a set of those would cost used with the bar and ends?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:04 PM

No more than $250 for the lights and bar. Shipping might be an issue as well, watch the costs too. The lights can even be purchased on eBay often. They usually are asking for around $60 per light.

Remember that you will also need the harness wiring to power them up. Mine didnt have that wiring to the roof so I got my hands on the schematics and found what wires went where and how to hook them all up. The color of the wiring isnt as important as using the correct gauge. When I did my wiring, I had a boat load of yellow and brown color insulation so I simply labeled each wire and soldered each connection following the schematic. Then after soldering them, I used some heat shrink tubing for a better weatherproofing with the sun & rain.

If you need the wiring schematics for the roof lights, let me know, I can send them to you via your email.

Lon

Old 04-27-2014, 01:30 PM

I am interested in the same. Can anyone post pics of the mickey mouse style lights on their Hummer?

Old 04-27-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nanigoat
I am interested in the same. Can anyone post pics of the mickey mouse style lights on their Hummer?
They look like this on a H2..........these are the "high profile" style that I posted earlier about.

Attached Thumbnails roof mount light bar???-images.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 09:02 PM

Thanks for posting the pic - looks great! I am hoping to do something like that but have no idea where to get it done since I am not mechanically inclined myself

Old 04-27-2014, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nanigoat
Thanks for posting the pic - looks great! I am hoping to do something like that but have no idea where to get it done since I am not mechanically inclined myself
Well, you basically have 2 choices..........

1. Find someone that has this same light bar and see if they are willing to sell it. Every once in awhile, one can be found on eBay or on Craigslist. They will be in various states of condition.

or

2. Piece-meal a set by locating a luggage rack then looking for the lights and mounts separately. Once you have the lights and bar, then wire them up and mount it to the roof rack system on all H2's. I can tell you that the lights in the bar are wired in series; the 2 outer lights are wired as one and the 2 inner lights are mounted as one too. I have the wiring diagrams/schematics if you choose to go this route I can get you this info.

Either way, you will need a relay, switch, and enough wire to tap the correct factory power source or go through the firewall and up to the battery itself. Its a good weekend project and its easier with friends that have basic concepts in wiring and having the right tools also makes life easier. It can be done.

Buying one aftermarket is quite expensive. I have seen them go for anywhere between $900 to $1300. So your much better off going home made.