PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Looks good.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 PM

NICE looking job.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 PM

Thanks guys. Nice forum btw.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Those look great. Did you use a separate switch to turn them on and off or did you tie into the side marker lights? How did you get the wiring inside, through the firewall or drill? Any other info you could provide would be great, just want to get an idea before i try and tackle this myself.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: SculptorMJM

I just added 5 amber cab lights to the roof, bought online as "Chevy Style Cab Lights" by Pacer for around 40 bucks for the set, and installed them in about 4 hours. Yes, I had to drill about 15 small holes into my new vehicle, but a waterproofing caulk/glue called "Goop" took care of those. I'm really happy with the install and the look and would recommend a self install instead of giving $600+ to a dealership who, really, in my opinion, just doesn't need the money as much as we do.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3007/39C1A4D7AAED4DDE8A624495772C5177.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/3007/F5AE85224DBA4B86965F45C2F3B683C6.jpg[/IMG]
Damn nice job....I'm very impressed.

They look like they match the curvature of the roof perfectly. Did you have tomod them at all to get such a good fit or did they
come that way out of the box?

And guess what? NO DAMN WIND NOISE like the factory stuff..........

How hard was it to run your wires and what did you tie into for power?

One final question, what is that other little doo-dad on the passenger side right above the windshield?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:51 PM

The doo dad is a xm antenna from the factory system. I am looking forward to seeing the answers to the above questions and want to add one more, where did you order the lights from.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: SculptorMJM

I just added 5 amber cab lights to the roof, bought online as "Chevy Style Cab Lights" by Pacer for around 40 bucks for the set, and installed them in about 4 hours. Yes, I had to drill about 15 small holes into my new vehicle, but a waterproofing caulk/glue called "Goop" took care of those. I'm really happy with the install and the look and would recommend a self install instead of giving $600+ to a dealership who, really, in my opinion, just doesn't need the money as much as we do.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3007/39C1A4D7AAED4DDE8A624495772C5177.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3007/F5AE85224DBA4B86965F45C2F3B683C6.jpg[/IMG]
Wow...................Really nice!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 95
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 09-10-2007, 07:57 PM

No ****..................?

I've had XM on both of mine and haven't had anything like that.

Just the one mast over the passengers head.....which by the way I wish they had put TDC instead of offsetting it.....

Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 AM

I must say Sculpt, that is an Awesome Job!!! With the black rubber base, it looks better than the factory light assembly.

Gunner, I believe that doo dad is the onstar antenna. My doo dad serves me no purpose anymore since I let onstar expire, the stereo guy couldn't get the onstar to work with my new deck[:'(]

anyway good riddance. damn voice recognition could never understand a single phone number I'd ask it to dial.[:@]

Old 09-11-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: phusion

Those look great. Did you use a separate switch to turn them on and off or did you tie into the side marker lights? How did you get the wiring inside, through the firewall or drill? Any other info you could provide would be great, just want to get an idea before i try and tackle this myself.
Thanks phusion. At one time I loved switches and *****. Click Click, Click Click Click. Like I was starting an airplane. Then I got really bored of that. Quick. [>:] Automation for me please. If you tie the lights into the side markers, they'll be on all the time, even in daylight. If you tie them into the driving lights, they go off when you hit your high beams. So for these cab lights I wired them into the headlights. Off during the day, only on at night.

As for wiring, I drilled 3 small holes for each light in the roof. Scary I know. 2 holes to anchor the light and 1 hole to feed the (+) wire down toward the inside headliner. (I grounded each light individually by using one of the anchor holes that screwed into the metal roof) All of that comes in the instructions of the lights.

Once inside I took off the front section of the headliner, connected all 5 lights to 1 wire, as per instructions, then ran it inside the drivers side pillar and under the dash. From there I popped off the side panel of the dash, found the headlight wire coming from the round light switch on the dash (Its GREY- just to save you some time) and tied the (+) wire to that.

The package of lights came with everything I needed except for tools. It is a nice fit. The black bottom section of each light is a flexable rubber that contours the roof and seals down when the anchoring screws are tightened. I think the black matches better than chrome and I like the visable roof color showing better than some whistling piece of............. plastic.

I didn't take any early pics, but I'll post a few of the (+) wiring location:

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)