PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Just got mine installed,
they look great, and no sound problems coming home on highway at 80 mph.
The dealer parts guy said they have a great hummer tech who's had his own fix since the problem showed its self ,
and hasn't had any back in or complaints.Does any one know what those extra hole punch outs on top are for ?
Are they there for extra lights ??
Take care , Shawn

Old 11-16-2006, 07:27 PM

Shawn, I thought those punch outs were where the screws hold it on to the roof?

Old 11-20-2006, 12:08 AM

Hi, any updates on this?
I was hoping to get this for Christmas and install it ourselves (so I'm not going with a dealer.) How can I find what the new part number is?
So they won't be available until January?
I had just seen this: http://www.gmaccessories-direct.com/...oducts_id=3774 but I guess it is also one of the ones recalled.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 PM

I have heard nothing new on this at my dealership. The last I heard there was suppose to be a fix out by the end of this month. I want to install these on my H3 when it gets here but will wait till gm has a permament fix. I will post on this thread if I hear anything new on this. Steve

Old 11-20-2006, 10:09 PM

I checked in with my Service Dept and they tell me nothing yet....
I'm hassling them just about every week. You know about the sweaky wheel....
I'll also keep everyone updated...

Old 11-24-2006, 09:52 PM

I talked to gm technical assistance today on the marker lamp issue and there was nothing new on this. I hope it comes out soon as I have a few unhappy customers. Steve

Old 11-25-2006, 01:01 PM

I know some of you have added your own Marker lights and I was wondering what size lights you used for the rear and for the front. Were you happy with the way they look or now that they are installed would you have prefered a different size ? Laslty if you like them do you have a link to where you purchased them?

Old 12-02-2006, 10:55 AM

The marker light fix is almost here. The way it was explained to me is there will be some type of wedge to keep the air from getting under the front edge of the the lamp strip. There will be a new part number for the kits and a part number for the repair kit for lights already on trucks. I can't picture this wedge looking very nice on the truck but will wait till I see it to pass judgement. I would not go running to the dealer yet as this was just told to me on 12/1 through TAC (The fix has not been offically announced). Steve

Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the update Steve I get more info off this site then talking to the Guys at Cerritos Hummer

Old 12-06-2006, 03:42 PM

Just purchased the same lights that "Z" installed on his H3 at Wal-Mart -- $40 for 5 lights...beats $500+ from a dealer or even a wholesaler. Am waiting to hear from him on some wiring tips but shouldn't be too hard. I live on a boat so waterproofing the installation is a no-brainer. If it's as easy as I think it will be, I will do the front amber lights the same way.

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)