PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

If you want lights, go to Grote.com. They all make lights for wierd stuff like semi's and trailers and stuff.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:06 PM

Anyone know if the replacements have arrived yet? A service tech at Cerritos Hummer acts like he's never even heard of this problem and does'nt know about the Fix.Told him about the noise over a month ago and it's rather .Anyone???Loud

Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM

Spunone, where is Cerritos Hummer? My dealer Scott Hummer in Allentown, PA seems to be very up on all the recalls and is very customer friendly. I am going to call them within the week and make an appointment to have a set installed on my H3. The only reason I haven't called them yet is that I just ordered a PCMforless and a CAI intake. Don't want to get too behind in cash right before Christmas!

Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM

......for what it is worth, My H3 is currently in production and I expect delivery within the next two weeks; when I spoke to the dealership today they informed me that they still have no additional info on the roof lights. They know that I'm eager to the point of pestering them and assure me that as soon as they are available they will let me know. (This still doesn't have us any closer to knowing if it will be 3 wks or 3 months)

Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 AM

Cerritos Hummer in Ca. Well if there's no fix I'll need to have them taken off way to loud on the road at 70 miles per hourI can't even hear the radio.[&o]

Old 11-15-2006, 04:55 PM

My local deallers partsman said all theirs were quarintened,
after the salesman that sold me my H3 assured me they could install them and not have a problem ,
since they had their own fix.I did a internet search and found a GM letter that a dealer posted (sorry forgot the website),
but it stated that part # P/N 19156080 was the kit need for the marker lights to fix the wind whistle problem.I called the parts guy back at my dealership with the number, 2 hours later he said he's have a set in , in 2 days.I'll be having them installed tomorrow.
Supposively any ordered new sets will have that fix kit included.Seems alot of these partsguys aren't keeping up on there GM MEMOs/Letters.The guy tried to sell me the front and rear seat mudder floor mats for 183.00 + 85.00 for the cargo matt..had to tell him most dealerships are selling them for 99.00 + 59.00 or cheaper. Gotta watch ' em
Good luck , Shawn

Old 11-15-2006, 05:08 PM

Off topic slightly: Sewell, my dealer in Dallas, sells those Rubber Hummer Floor Mats for $129 for the front and back...can't remember the cargo mat price. I told em I found em for $99 online, but they still couldn't come down.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 PM

Thanks Shawn I'll give it a try..by the way it aint no whisltle its more like a ROAR when ya drive faster than 70.Thanks again Paul

Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM

I think that they look great.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:29 PM

That part number is for the original repair kit of the marker lamps which did not work out. There is suppose to be a permanent fix by the end of this month as described in the last bulletin on this. I work at a cadillac hummer dealer as the shop forman and this is sore subject with a few of my customers. I hope this next fix works as I am taking delivery of a 07 H3 and would like to install these on my truck. Steve
ORIGINAL: shawnnlivier

My local deallers partsman said all theirs were quarintened,
after the salesman that sold me my H3 assured me they could install them and not have a problem ,
since they had their own fix.I did a internet search and found a GM letter that a dealer posted (sorry forgot the website),
but it stated that part # P/N 19156080 was the kit need for the marker lights to fix the wind whistle problem.I called the parts guy back at my dealership with the number, 2 hours later he said he's have a set in , in 2 days.I'll be having them installed tomorrow.
Supposively any ordered new sets will have that fix kit included.Seems alot of these partsguys aren't keeping up on there GM MEMOs/Letters.The guy tried to sell me the front and rear seat mudder floor mats for 183.00 + 85.00 for the cargo matt..had to tell him most dealerships are selling them for 99.00 + 59.00 or cheaper. Gotta watch ' em
Good luck , Shawn

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)