PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)

Yes indeed...Nice Job![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-24-2006, 08:16 AM

Well, after sending an email to Hummer, I finally heard back through my dealer where I bought my H3. They (Hummer) passed on the info I was interested in buying a set of the marker lights. I was informed, as Crank mentioned, that the new improved version will be available in November. The service manager also wanted to know if I wanted to be put on a list to have them installed when they are released as there is a number of people already on it. I will now have to think this over as "Z" had a good idea about mounting a set of custom lights to the light bar and that would be a very cool idea. I am going to have to look around for some marker lights and then decide.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: H3_Hummer

Well, after sending an email to Hummer, I finally heard back through my dealer where I bought my H3. They (Hummer) passed on the info I was interested in buying a set of the marker lights. I was informed, as Crank mentioned, that the new improved version will be available in November. The service manager also wanted to know if I wanted to be put on a list to have them installed when they are released as there is a number of people already on it. I will now have to think this over as "Z" had a good idea about mounting a set of custom lights to the light bar and that would be a very cool idea. I am going to have to look around for some marker lights and then decide.

Did your Hummer dealer give you an idea of how much everything would cost for the lights and the install ????

Thanks in advance.
Davyo

Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM
z

H3, I found those LED lights at Wally World for about $8 each. I just wish they had some white LEDs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1225/E140296A6D7549EE80036A3A4DCBFE57.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1225/0003CC621B8F435D9B4F1922A2FC1A24.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: davyo

Did your Hummer dealer give you an idea of how much everything would cost for the lights and the install ????

Thanks in advance.
Davyo
Davyo, the service manager told me it would be $695.00. I am hoping that this is installed but doubt it.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:51 AM

Geeze,, 695.00 for just the front lights, and that might not include install,,,,,,thats really steep.

Im thinkin it might be a hell of a lot cheaper and even better to just buy front and back marker lights and pay someone thats real good with automotive electrical stuff to do the install for me.

I dont have the ***** to go drilling into my H3 ( Ok,, that sounded bad huh ).

I did just get through last night drilling into my hood to install the RealWheels chrome hood part that replaced the plastic one,,, turned out very nice too,, really looks hot on my black H3.

Davyo

Old 10-25-2006, 08:17 AM

Davyo, if you went to the site I posted on my first post on this thread, you will see that the old model lights cost $430.95 just for the lights and they are the older defective model. If I remember correctly, the $695.00 was for the install too as I was going to buy my H3 with the lights but cancelled due to my Wife didn't want me to buy one with a sunroof. I thought it was a even trade (well sort of). The sunroof was $950.00 but they didn't have another base 2006 model in white without it. I am glad I didn't as I would have had a set of lights that would have been recalled anyway. I guess it worked out in the long run. I do agree with you that the lights are very high priced. I mean, they are only plastic lights and most likely cost Hummer $49.00 for the works with the wiring harness???? They look cool and are somewhat of a Hummer trade mark as all the H2's I see have them. I have a list of stuff I want to do and will have to work on it slowly due to the holidays coming up. The marker lights are one of the first. Then I want a Borla exhaust and a PCM for less after that.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:55 PM

Picking up my new hummer h3 this saturday and wanted the road markers installed and the dealer said they had them instock on monday just got a call and they(service) will not install them due to problems with wind noise they said that the replacments will not be out till jan 2007 so i had it placed on backorder till they come in. Is this what others are hearing seems it would be an easy fix.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:55 AM

Awesome Job Z! That's exactly what I wanted to do, but 1) I couldn't find nice looking (shape-wise) marker lights and 2) no ballz to drill into my H3. Maybe after my first ding/dent, I can overcome my fear. Great idea with the off-road lights set up. Please post some pics once you do it.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 AM

I found these at good 'ol JC Whitney:

Running/Clearance Lights

Not quite LED's but they do have white (clear), and they come w/ a chrome base.

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lights (New Version?)