PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Default Roof Marker Lights

With the high price of the roof marker light package I called my local Mr Pickup truck accessories shop and they tell me they can mount clearance lights directly to the roof of my 07 H3Adventure, ressembling the hummer lights for less than a couple of hundred dollars. What I am looking for is info on how to wire these in. Is there a separate switch or do they wire directly into the lighting circuit. If someone has instructions for wiring the kit I would sure appreciate a copy. Also thought while I was at it I would have a few lights placedon the back. Suggestions where to wire these in? Thanks alot.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lights

Probably of no help but when I added my lower grill off-road lights they advised a separate power line with a switch on the console. I took the easy way out and wired them to my fog lights.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 AM

i was going to suggest pairing up to the fog light switch as well, however, it really depends on how often you want to use the running lights. if all the time, tie the switch for them to activatewhen you turn on the primary lights.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: tmoody

i was going to suggest pairing up to the fog light switch as well, however, it really depends on how often you want to use the running lights. if all the time, tie the switch for them to activatewhen you turn on the primary lights.
The off-road lights are pretty intense. They can be adjusted. I may have to point them down a bit as not to blind on-coming drivers.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:03 AM

sorry D, i was posting about the marker lights. for your off road lights, the extra switch might've been nice, but activating to use with your fogs isn't a bad solution either.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 AM

The only concern would be how many more amps you may pull. A Fuse upgrade may be needed.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:15 AM

I'm talking about roof marker lights here, not fog lights, not off road lights.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:31 AM

I would run a separate power line from the battery with an inline fuse to a toggle switch in the cab so you can turn them on/off independently.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: bmbenear

I'm talking about roof marker lights here, not fog lights, not off road lights.
I think the ideas presented here still have an application. When do you want your lights to come on? Headlights? Then tap that wire. I'd have white knuckles drilling a hole in my roof!!

Old 07-13-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm not sure where the power line comes from, but they're supposed to betied into the parking lights. My brother's got the marker lights and when he locks the car from the remote, the marker lights flash along with the parking lights. Looks sweet. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lights