PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call

We have installed a few of the reworked kits and repaired many others with the repair kit and none have returned with the noise concern. Here is a pic of the reworked are of the kit. Notice the plastic wedges glued in around the mounting holes. If you like the lites don't worry about the noise you won't have any.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 AM

I have one of the old versions (installed in May of '06), and have never experienced any noise problems. At least not any that I know of. If something has changed and a noise has developed, the hum from the new tires has drown it out. LOL

Besides thelights look great and I feel it really changes the appearance of the truck.

In other words: Just Do It!

Old 03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Default Wrong lights

I ordered the marker lights #19170450 and took my H3 in for installation yesterday. Paid for them and went out tosee they installed theoff road light bar by accident. They said they would fix it but does anyone feel I may haveproblems takingthose off and putting the right ones on?

Old 03-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Default RE: Wrong lights

ORIGINAL: Duvall

I ordered the marker lights #19170450 and took my H3 in for installation yesterday. Paid for them and went out tosee they installed theoff road light bar by accident. They said they would fix it but does anyone feel I may haveproblems takingthose off and putting the right ones on?
You paid before looking at them![] I hope they make it right! With any amount o f luck the mounting holes will line up in the same locations. Here's hopin'.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:39 PM

Yep, I admit it, stupid move not looking at them before hand. I thought giving them the specific order number would assure this.. (ASSure) . We will see what happens. Just got the two front windows tinted today. Looks great!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Duvall

Yep, I admit it, stupid move not looking at them before hand. I thought giving them the specific order number would assure this.. (ASSure) . We will see what happens. Just got the two front windows tinted today. Looks great!
Another options is, if you like the offroad lights, tell the dealer to make you a discount offer, or else they are going to eat a lot more labour "fixing" the problem. Might get yourself some lights you like for a lot cheaper!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Great suggestion. No real use for the off road lights though. Just got a call and they said they figured out what happend. They had parts in the wrong box. Going to go play on the Washington coast beaches this weekend and think about it.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 AM

What's the going rate for these lights with installation?

Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 AM

I was quoted $900 installed by my dealer. I haven't called around to see if I can get any better price from other dealers but will do when I decide on the marker lights or off-road lights

Old 03-04-2007, 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: wiseguy13

What's the going rate for these lights with installation?
There seems to be alot of variation on price and installatio on these. You can buy them from various places online for between $435 and $500, butthe dealers are asking more. It takes about 2 hours to install, so a dealer should charge $100-$140 to install, but many people have been saying dealers are quoting between $800-$1000 to supply and install. Some people have been able to get for less from their dealers though.

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call