PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
GH3
Default Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call

Hey guys,

I'm not really sure about taking the roof marker lamps. Do you think that with the new model kit all problems are gone? Is there a trick to get rid of the noise?

Is there a chance to see that it is the new version I bought from the Outside or do I have to compare the product numbers?

What is the noise about? Is it really loud or do you only hear some wind noises?

Please explain your experiences and tell me which version you have.

Sorry for all these questions, but I dont want to be angry after I bought something wrong , so please tell me everything that could be interesting for me.

Thankx
Greetz

Carsten

Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Default RE: Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call

If you read this thread, it should explain all to you. https://www.hummerforums.com/m_18145..._1/key_/tm.htmThe latest product # is 19170450. There have been no reported problems with this kit, but is still a pretty new fix, Some people who had earlier kits and experienced noise, say there is none now with the new kit. If you are that concerned about problems, it may be better to let the dealer install it. The, if you have issues, you can beat them up. If there is a problem after the fact, they may try pointing the finger at your self-install.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM

im having noise from the new style
its kinda crazy that the new ones are making noise
cause the old style on our 06 didnt make any noise
butthe new style does on our 07

i took it back to the dealer and they said they stuck them down w/ glue
and they havent made any noise since

Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: kild1

im having noise from the new style
its kinda crazy that the new ones are making noise
cause the old style on our 06 didnt make any noise
butthe new style does on our 07

i took it back to the dealer and they said they stuck them down w/ glue
and they havent made any noise since
I stand corrected! Glad they are quiet now!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:17 PM

1st, Welcome Aboard!
2nd, This is just my opinion:

The marker lamps look awesome and you should definitely get them. From the outside, the new part looks identical to the old ones (I believe) so you need not worry about asthetic differences and the part # will verify new vs. old.

As to your question regarding the noise: I hada loaner for a weekend prior to purchasing my H3 and I can tell you that the noiseIS a big deal and something thatyou do not want to have to deal with. On thehighway at speeds over 65mph there is a violent vibration that sounds like it originates from the top of the windshield - it isthehousing around the lights allowing air to get upunder itself and it makes an awful sound. I passed on getting the lights because when I was ordering the truck in Nov of '06, the fix wasn't available. I don't think that you will have to worry about any of this if you are ordering a newly ordered H3 as the remedy is now standard. As for me, they are now on my short list of things to get and I'll be buying them right after I get a Gibson Exhaust and K&N. Best of luck.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 PM

I have an 07 H3 with dealer installed markers. I have had zero problems. No Noise, No vibration.I am the type to notice those things too.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM

My 06 born in May came with the old markers and I had the noise. I took her back to the dealership and they put some "special wedges" in there and no noise now

Old 02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
GH3

First of all I have to thank you all for the fast answers and the nice welcome here

It sounds very good to me what you are all saying and I think its clear for me to get the lights on it. But dont stop telling me what you experienced , I'm still listening *g*

So its my opinion too that it looks awesome. And I'm not frightened that the new version would notlook like the old one, I only wanna know if there is anything I have to look on that I didnt get the old version. And I dont wanna take it down to see the product numbers. So if there is anything on the outside that would show me that it is definitely the new version, please tell me

Did someone take a really fast trip with it, I mean to the highest speed level? is there any problem with unnormal noises or is really everything shut down with the new kit?

Sorry again for asking all these questions but I think I'm still convinced *g*
Thx @ all

Carsten

Old 02-26-2007, 08:22 PM

The new version has a piece of soft foam rubber that runns the length of the front, on the underside. This is the same stuff they use for weatherstripping around home doorways. If you can see a layer of black foam between the roof light base and the truck roof, you have the new set. The old set was did not have this foam and so at certain speeds there was enough air pressure to cause a heavy whistling, or even rattling as air was able to get under the light mounting assembly. From the outside, they look 100% identical.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:04 PM

old kind
Name:  108_0806.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  63.2 KB

new kind

Name:  115_1548.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  72.8 KB

Quick Reply: Roof Marker Lamps - The final Call