PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Right side fornt and rear power locks not responding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Default Right side fornt and rear power locks not responding?

I have a new power lock ECU with a new issue today of unlocking the car, my left side front and rear lock/unlock fine. But my right side front and rear do not unlock nor lock at all. Using either the remote nor switches at ANY door, I get same issue.

Any advice? I already removed the cable to the manual lock **** and they still do not function.

Could it be a relay, if so where are they and what type do I need. I can try replacing those first?

Or is is the lock actuators? I find it hard to think front and rear right would go out at the same time? I have read I can replace with
mega DS-2SQ (DS-2.1SQ)

Old 02-19-2015, 01:22 PM

remove the lock actuators from the door and test them on 12v. If they work then see if you are getting voltage when you lock/unlock the doors. If not, your wires may have got pinched in the door and need to be replaced. (I'm having to do that to mine.)

But, do you have another other craziness? My door actuators would unlock as I drove down the road and at random times my alarm would turn on while driving. My truck died in a parking lot and we traced it down to the ECM computer under the dog house. Seems I've got a bad connector to it. And that may explain why I have one lock actuator that doesn't work since windows, doors, car alarm, instruments, etc. all talk to each other through the ECM.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:40 PM

I can try testing the switches and actuators, just thought I should try new relays first if anyone can tell me what kind and where they are located. I assume they are under steering near signal relays?

Old 02-19-2015, 03:52 PM

Not sure about a 96, but on newer models the relays are not under the dash. I know the relays for my windows on my 99 are near the alarm, which is under the cup-holder on the dog house. I'm guessing the door lock relays may be in the same area since the alarm has to tap into them.