PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ride Height Sensor (Service Air Suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Default Ride Height Sensor (Service Air Suspension)

Getting the "Service Air Suspension" message but no air-bag issues.

Checked with Tech2 and the graphs show an issue with the LHS sensor.

I suspect its either sticking or some other issue, possible a connector or cable issue.

They look cheap enough and I suspect easy to change.

Before I order a replacement has anyone ever serviced, repaired one or taken one apart? Be interested to hear any comments on this.

Will the suspension need re-calibration or is it safe to just change?

Old 11-18-2017, 05:09 PM

Not totally sure but my guess is you would need to re-calibrate. Pretty easy since you have a Tech2 though. You can also raise or lower the rear a tiny bit when re-calibrating if you want as well.

Without the special calibration blocks just use a jack to level the rear exactly where you want it. Then go through the calibration on the Tech2. Cannot go much higher or lower though. Maybe an inch at most.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:23 AM

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought.

Think Ill take a reference of the ride height both sides before changing the sensor, check it again afterwards, if its moved then re-cailbrate.

Will post data afterwards for the forum.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:08 AM

I often thought about trying to add a 2-3" lift to mine with air suspension. Do you think this is something you could reliably do with spacers under the bags, and a bracket for the sensors ? I don't know much about what goes on at the back with the air...

Old 11-21-2017, 10:58 AM

I know it can be done and I have no idea why none of the basic leveling or other lift kits offer it. As far as I know Rancho is the only one that offered it on their RS6557 lift kit for the H2. Its just a spacer for the bottom support for the air bags and a pair of longer arms for the sensors.

If you download the installation manual from Rancho's website you can see the components even better. http://www.gorancho.com/downloads/in...Revision_E.pdf

In this pic, the bits in the pink box are what you would need or fabricate if you wanted to. Looking at the Rancho instructions it appears the sensors also come with two different length shafts. Good to know if you ever need to replace one - make sure you get the right size.