PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

RHD Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Default RHD Rattle

I have had an anoying left side in dash plastic type rattle at about 2000rpm since my H3 was new (10,000 klms 6000 miles) - As it has just had it's first service I got them to look into it. Apparently, the rattle is very common in the RHD H3 ? - They explained it was the water in the heater and it gurgles as it moved arround one of the bends in the hoses. GM are looking into a fix for it ? - Now this seems a bit odd to me so just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it either in the LHD or RHD version..... Maybe the service guys just couldn't be bothered looking for it !@...
Cheers

Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Default RE: RHD Rattle

Great isn't it.
Mate i love the car, but i am a real regular at my service centre, its a good thing they actually have top after sales service.

I had the exact same problem as you and brought mine to my dealer to be fixed. I rang about the problem in fore hand and with all rattles they requested i take the foreman for a drive and show the noise. I did that and he was very confused. So i left my car in their hands for the day and they gave me a brand new H3 as a loaner..... i made it about 1km from the dealership and low and behold the car made the exact same sound.

I decided rather than turn back and mention it i would see what they come up with. Upon my return they mentioned the same , coolant bubbling thingy story you got fed. It probably is the problem but what i guess it would appear to be normal.
PM me with your dealer out of interest and we can see if its the same one out of interest.
My car has had many rattle issues as well as water in the indicators, fuel cap issues .... the list goes on. Make sure they have replaced your steering shaft, as i had mine done recently due to the recall on this part.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Default RE: RHD Rattle

I have not heard it in mine, what is the problem with the steering column? mine seems fine.

Cheers