PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

repost as the old related post never gave a solution

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Default repost as the old related post never gave a solution

I have a 06 h3 and 800 miles after the warranty expiredi went out to start it and click, click dead battery. I figured something was left on soi jump started it and ran it for a few hours then the next morning the same thing. I took the battery to autozone and it checked ok, they put a full charge on it. I put the battery back in the h3 and started it up, while it was running i disconnected red/pos andthe hummer kept running off of the alternator alone. measured 12v from metal lead to the negative like safarihummerh2 in another thread 6 months ago suggested. Then the h3 ran fine for 2 weeks and today, click click. great.. any ideas.. and where is the bcm module that was mentioned and i bet it is expensive.

.. alot of the post blame the orig. battery but i have had this since early 06 and never had trbl till now with the charge and the test show good battery.

i have no after market amps or anything.. bone stock .. i know the dealership will hook it up to the computers for a bunch of money and say,, the computer didnt show anything.. kinda like when my head was bad for a year before there computer would see it and the radiator leaked but there machine didnt detect it.. when my nose had always smelled it.. .. if i wasnt so upside down i would trade it in for new car.. and wait for the h4 to come out.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Default RE: repost as the old related post never gave a solution

Well, I am on battery number three in my 2006 H3 (36000 miles). All the same symptoms. If you search though the forum archives, you will notice many others with the same symptoms.

I have been able to get the battery replaced under warranty both times, but I think I will buy my own next time.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM

I have a 2007 and yesterday my battery was dead. I was confused and puzzeld at the same time since it's 1 year old. I jumped it and ran it for a few hours, it's doing okay now. I'm not sure what the problem is because I havent' driven mine for 3 weeks (I was wondering if it has anything to do with the DVD dual screen system always being on standby draining the battery).... but perhaps it's more than that.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 PM

I am no expert but when you check yourvoltage while running it should be about 13-14 volts, this is becasue the Alternator is charging your battery,, while stopped it should read 12 volts.

maybe your alteranator is not charging correctly. Also,.....

I had similar issue in my Trailbalzer, replaced battery worked fine, then a few weeks dead,,,,,ended up being a loose ground wire from the battery to the chassis. so it wasdraining its charge out, as well asd not charging correctly while running.

just my 1.5 cents.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 PM

Sounds like a bad battery. Batteries will not always test bad if they have a damaged cell, or other physical failure. I would just replace the battery and make sure the connections are clean and tight. Sounds like you're doing alot of work to diagnose around a known problem with H3's

Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: branstone

I am no expert but when you check yourvoltage while running it should be about 13-14 volts, this is becasue the Alternator is charging your battery,, while stopped it should read 12 volts.

maybe your alteranator is not charging correctly. Also,.....

I had similar issue in my Trailbalzer, replaced battery worked fine, then a few weeks dead,,,,,ended up being a loose ground wire from the battery to the chassis. so it wasdraining its charge out, as well asd not charging correctly while running.

just my 1.5 cents.
]

If your alternator was dead, you would know it because your electronics would not run for very long once the car is started.

If it's your battery that is dead, you wouldn't be able to start it each time or be able to turn on aux lights with the car turned off.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:10 PM

Bad battery. Time isn't the only telltale of when a battery will fail. Mine was dead on delivery and was replaced right away. At two to three years it is time for a new battery anyway. If the new battery doesn't fix it, well you've done some troubleshooting and replaced something that was going to fail soon anyway.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 PM

update.. like i said at opening of this. first battery was dead two days in a row, then it ran good for 2 weeks, then dead again.. now i have had no issues yet. Question is if it was a bad battery wouldnt it be dead ever day after sitting all night and not ever few weeks.. ?