PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Removing Mirror Cap Help!!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Default Removing Mirror Cap Help!!?

I searched "remove H3 mirror caps" on Google and of course it brought me to Hummer Forums. The first thread I read up on was by EarthQuakeAV here and I followed his directions exactly on how to remove them. Unfortunately I cracked my driver side mirror. Now I have 2 problems.

I still want to remove my mirror caps to black them out myself. But now I have one cracked mirror I still haven't gotten out, & I'm afraid to remove the other. Where can I find a replacement (mirror glass only) without getting taken to the bank by GM. And when I try this again, anybody have any advice from their own success on how to ensure I do this right?

I used a smaller flat head, and once I had the bottom of the mirror pushed all the way in I wedged my flat head between the bottom of the mirror and that firm hemisphere piece. Then it still broke. What do I need to change? Where can I find a decently priced replacement?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Moved. Not a FAQ.

Like the FAQ section says: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...section-19461/

I do not know of anybody removing only the mirror caps, usually people just swap out the entire mirror. They usually list here or other forums in the classified section that they would like to swap their chrome for somebody's black or vice versa.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:24 PM

Like Doc said, most resort to just the mirror assembly...
However to progress forward for you... Try eBay or some of the auto parts websites for
Replacement glass, shouldn't be too expensive...
If you lookin for the whole assembly they get pricey and you may just want to paint the ones you have...