PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Removing interior for Dynamat ?Crushem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Default Removing interior for Dynamat ?Crushem?

Hey,

Just installed the dynamat hoodliner last night, pics to follow, did very little dyanamat
extreme before putting the actual liner on. It is very spongey and has a bright foil finish,
I will let you judge the look for yourself. It is functional though, and cut down the engine
noise on my 06 3.5l. It is not a night and day difference, but is noticeable.

Now,I am starting to dynamat the rear, I am amazed at how thorough CRUSHEM covered
his rear door, I also installed dynamat extreme to the area around the jack last night, rear
window will be done tonight. Already I notice less road noise and the rear door finally
closes like it should, with a thud. My question is for anyone who has already dyanamatted
their interiors, how much work am I looking at to uninstall, but more importantly, reinstall
all of the parts. How do I remove the rubber flooring that is on my 06? I searched for a
write up or explanation, but only returned crushems posts, which were very inspiring.

thanks in advance

Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Removing interior for Dynamat ?Crushem?

It is pretty easy. Start with the plastic Hummer sill, pull it up from one side with your fingers and it will popo off. All of it is held in by interior pins and bayonet clips.

Grab the side panels at the bottom where you can get your fingers underneath after the sill was removed, pull up and toward the middle inside of the rear, it will star coming off along the door opening rubber reveal, get your fingers under the side plastic more in the bed area closer to the rear seats and keep going.

You really have to unbolt the rear seats, take out both sides, to get up the rubber floor, but you can access most of it and still leav the rear seats in.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the help. If the rain ever lets up in CT I'll snap some photos of the hoodliner. Not the custom fit that the GM brand hoodliner gives you, and the install is not as custom, obviously, but for abot $50 delivered its not too bad. Quick ? for you Doc: do you have your magnaflow welded or bolted together? Wouldwelding, or strengthening the clamps help to reduce the interior drone, or should I just turn up the radio? Love the sound of the magnaflow, worth the drone.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 AM

Here's pics of my dynamat and hood liner.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lauxmi01

Thanks for the help. If the rain ever lets up in CT I'll snap some photos of the hoodliner. Not the custom fit that the GM brand hoodliner gives you, and the install is not as custom, obviously, but for abot $50 delivered its not too bad. Quick ? for you Doc: do you have your magnaflow welded or bolted together? Wouldwelding, or strengthening the clamps help to reduce the interior drone, or should I just turn up the radio? Love the sound of the magnaflow, worth the drone.
Just clamped. I honestly do not think a weld would change the sound at all. The AccuSeal clamp they provide works pretty darn good, make sure it is tightened all the way.