PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

REMOTE STARTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Default RE: REMOTE STARTER

IK, what do you think the odds are that the new two way key fobs GM has shown for some '08 models could be adapted to older vehicles. The new ones let you check whether doors are open, raise/lower windows, lock/unlock etc, from a much greater range than current. They look neat.Would be cool if some after market company could build something liuke this with remote start as well, and could perhaps interface with the OBD port to give us some more goodness.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:02 PM

i heard these were made for the 07 h3 because there was so many problems with using the standard bypasskit.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...productid=9519

john

Old 02-15-2007, 01:37 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

IK, what do you think the odds are that the new two way key fobs GM has shown for some '08 models could be adapted to older vehicles. The new ones let you check whether doors are open, raise/lower windows, lock/unlock etc, from a much greater range than current. They look neat.Would be cool if some after market company could build something liuke this with remote start as well, and could perhaps interface with the OBD port to give us some more goodness.
I honestly don't think the 08 model key remote units will be adaptable to the 06 or 07 models, window control through the obd just isn't possible in our models. The autopage remote start model I listed has all those options installed already. The lcd screen shows if doors are closed and opened, if running the little car on the screen has smoke coming out of the exhaust. You can get the windows to roll up but that involves relays and more wiring. I do think that on the H2's you can get full window control through the obdII. I know my friends escalade which is a complete show truck can raise/lower windows, pop open the doors,turn on heated seats,even control the radio through his remote....pretty wild to see in person.