PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Recomendations for brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Default RE: Recomendations for brush guard

I really like that grill and am debating adding it to mine as well. Giving me somegood ideas.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:59 PM

I didn't pay anything for the lightbar, I found the truck was missing features listed on the window sticker (I didn't have light up vanity mirrors, just standard) I went back to complain and the salesmanager gave me the lights, he had them sitting in his office (he says he ordered them for someone and they never came back for them). Instead of me complaining and getting lights I don't need he gave me a set I want. Appearntly he had them taken out of my truck in the showroom and put on another one in order to close a deal, but I look good enough I don't need mirrors to remind me . I asked around at the dealership and they wanted about 250 to install, The lights themselves for anywhere from 350 to 500 online. I installed myself and no problems.

And thanks for the compliments.... Living in the inner city, this is MY urban assault veh.

This is my other one (now you know why I like the light bar and front grille, just used to having them)
Name:  DSC01158a.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  97.1 KB

Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: msl369

This is my other one (now you know why I like the light bar and front grille, just used to having them)
We are surrounded, Rutdogg, jdrew, msl369, polonez.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Calling all cars....All the police look at mine...even got pulled over once for a price check...

Old 03-13-2007, 01:35 PM

That is the one I was looking to buy.Any problem opening the hood with that one?

Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

We are surrounded, Rutdogg, jdrew, msl369, polonez.
YIKES! The po po are takin over! Nice ride BTW msl!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:23 PM

I just hope you don't plan on doing any PIT manuvers with your H3 though..

Nice ride..

Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 PM

Believe it or not we are not permitted to do any kind of manuveurs other than evasive driving. Since we are urban and there are few if any good places in the city do PIT someone they won't even train us. We have to rely on good old fashion speed, better driving, better knowledge of the streets and sheer *****. (Not saying people haven't dont those PIT manuevers, they just aren't documented anywhere in the reports how/why the other vehicle stopped). Don't think its hasn't crossed my mind to pit someone in my H3, my luck I'd destroy the front of my truck.

BTW that car now looks like this ....
Name:  new158crash.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  33.9 KB
Around 3am one night (I was off) a drunk driver slammed into the side of the car... I think the officer is still suffering neck/back pain... Of course 2 weeks before this happened the shop guys put extra lights in the grille and the rear bumper at my request and I the following day the car was expected at the computer shop to have a new mobile computer installed. I was HEART BROKEN [&o][&o][&o].

A month later I got this hunk of crap
Name:  Mar21_0003.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  53.4 KB
They changed the numbers on the outside and reassigned it... Its a 2000 Ford with 216,000 miles on it, Its on its second engine and transmission, been in at least 4 accidents where they had to make repairs. Its no suprise its been in the shop more than on the street since I got it... (Awaiting a master cylinder, heater core, new driver's seat). Its either this or I drive a tiny little chevy impala, I took the mobile crap box.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Good Lord we got enough bacon around here to have an all you can eat breakfast buffet!!!

One thing to remember about pushbars is that in time they will wear out your t-bars and your front end will begin to sag. I've gone through this in alot of trucks and I will never have another full size push bar again. Just one thing to think about.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: novasaigo

That is the one I was looking to buy.Any problem opening the hood with that one?
Good luck finding one right now.. I spoke to Teaka Toys yesterday about it.. They sold the last one they had on hand on Friday and the manufacturer is at least temporarily outta the business..

I have seen it for sale on a couple of other sites, but they're asking about $200 more than Teaka was.. The SMA from Teaka was close to $650 after shipping...

He did mention they had a lead on some very similar to the SMAthat would be on the market in the next 6 months, but they'd be about $250 higher than the SMA.. Forjusta bit moreyou could go on and get the Tough Country Bumper with Brush Guard built onto it..

Quick Reply: Recomendations for brush guard