PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear seat cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Default Rear seat cover?

Leather interior - 2 medium sized dogs. Anyone know of seat covers for the rear seat? I really only need the bottom seat part, not the seat back. Neoprene would be great, but I'm open to anything.

edit: clearly I should have googled instead of just looking at Hummer parts sites. Since I don't know how (or don't have the ability) to delete threads, any suggestions? Just need a rear seat bottom that is dog-resistant, plain black, and not overpriced.

Last edited by skeptic; 05-02-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM

I have always just used a big thick black blanket from wal-mart/target/bed bath beyond spread out over the seat for my Lab.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKH3T
I have always just used a big thick black blanket from wal-mart/target/bed bath beyond spread out over the seat for my Lab.
If my plan didn't include wheeling with my kids in the back I would. I just don't like the idea of them sliding all around.

I've used generic, or so called semi-custom ones in other vehicles in the past. Cheap, but they never fit quite right or block stuff that's attached to the seat. I've found some NeoSupreme (not neoprene) for $150 and costco has the neoprene ones for $200. I'll probably just go with one of those unless someone has a better idea. I don't have the cup-holder built into the rear seat like my H3 did, so maybe a generic one would work fine?

Anyone know for sure if the H3t back seat is identical to H3 back seats? I assume they are, but the rear area of my T seems to have a bit more room than the 3 did. Surely others have used various seat covers...

Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Skeptic, the rear seats are very different from the H3 to the H3T. I didn't know you got leather! Nice comfey driver and passenger seats!

I too have seen the covers at Costco. If you get a set let me know about the fit. I also carry a furry family member around from time to time and would like the hair and dirt to stick to the seat cover and not the cloth seat.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Skeptic, the rear seats are very different from the H3 to the H3T.
Good to know.
I didn't know you got leather! Nice comfey driver and passenger seats!

I too have seen the covers at Costco. If you get a set let me know about the fit. I also carry a furry family member around from time to time and would like the hair and dirt to stick to the seat cover and not the cloth seat.
Yes, the leather seats are a nice step up from the cloth ones in the 3. More comfy, plus power adjustment and heated. The cloth in my 3 was looking pretty nasty after only 5 months. No tears or worn spots and not much of an issue with dirt, but dog hair is a beoch to keep cleaned up. As far as I can tell, the only way to get dog hair off cloth seats is to have someone sit in the back and let it stick to their clothes. Of course at that time it actually self replicates so you get dog hair on people but the same amount is still on the seats.

If nobody comes up with a, "these cheap generic ones work great" suggestion I'll probably go with the Costco ones. A bit more $$ but I'd hate to spend $150 on whatever NeoSupreme is then wish I'd have spent the extra $50.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM

One last bump before I give up on suggestions for a cheap nice fitting rear set cover...

Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 AM

We have a Dyson Animal with the fabric attachment. It does a really good job on the dog hair. What it can't get I use the old tried and true method of duct tape wrapped around my hand (sticky side out)!

Old 05-22-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER

(c&p from my post on another forum) - A few pics of my neoprene seat covers (bought through costco). Great fit, but with them on it's a bit of a chore to get the seats to latch in the upright position. You really have to slam them back to get them to latch. My wife decided to help and she did the passenger side - it's a bit loose, but plenty good enough for dog/kid protection. The head rest isn't great, the thickness of neoprene and velcro attachments and all. Would have been better to have the bottom part be thin cloth instead of neoprene and velcro in the back, but it works. Overall I'm quite pleased with the fit and apparent quality. Snug, secure, seems tough, and easy to install. One gotcha though, for a "pro" install you need to remove the plastic cover on the seat back hinge. Torq screw and looks hard to get at. I didn't bother, you can see where it kinda bunches up at the hinge. Remove that piece should make for a better look and fit. I may get around to it, but the screw looked hard to get at and I didn't want to hunt down my torq screwdrivers. Plus I had other work to do on the T that I wanted to get to. The flash makes them look gray, but they are black. I only bought covers for the rear seats, protection for kids and dogs.

Name:  101_0264.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  84.8 KB
Name:  101_0265.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  72.4 KB
Name:  101_0266.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  67.1 KB