PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear Locker 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Default Rear Locker 2

I didnt want to steal a previous thread but im in the same shoes as ozHUMMER and I was just curious to see what locker would be better the ARB locke or the Eaton Locker? I dont care if it may be problematic or anything I just want to put the best one I can in.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Default RE: Rear Locker 2

How about a Detroit Locker...No wires?

Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM

Does the detroit locker Fit in the h3? I just saw a previous thread that said ARB and Eaton but im open to anything as long as it is compatible.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:58 PM

The ARB is a much better quality locker then the Eaton but more expensive and you have to buy and install an on-board compressor, to me it's a bonus to have the compressor, I also use the compressor to put air back in my tires after a day on the trails.

Personally the Detroit Locker locker is not the best way to go, you don't have full control over it, it only engages when one tire slips, I prefer to hit the button, lock it and forget about it.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:24 PM

Does ARB have a front locker out?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 PM

They have the part number up on there site for the front locker, I don't know if it is available in North America yet, but if you have the aluminum front diff I would not recommend it.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Seems like I read that when the H3T comes out that Hummer will have a package with front and rear lockers available that will be a direct install on the H3. Has anyone else read that? The H3T should be out end of the summer.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: blackbear

The ARB is a much better quality locker then the Eaton but more expensive and you have to buy and install an on-board compressor, to me it's a bonus to have the compressor, I also use the compressor to put air back in my tires after a day on the trails.

Personally the Detroit Locker locker is not the best way to go, you don't have full control over it, it only engages when one tire slips, I prefer to hit the button, lock it and forget about it.
I completely agree on the Detroit Locker, but could you expand on why the ARB is better than the Eaton?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:36 AM

The ARB locker is available in the US so ill probably go that route but my question to you Black Bear is where did you mont the compressor for yours and is this something you installed yourself or did you have a shop put it in for you.

Thanks for your help

Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 PM

spusoccer, I installed the compressor in the engine compartment on the driver side right beside the fuse box, it was almost as if it was meant to go there, the compressor and wiring is something I'm sure you can do your self, but the locker it self should be done bya professional.

Steve #1 don't get me wrong here I'm not saying that the Elocker is crap, it is a good locker, but if you ever get a chance to see both lockers you will understand what I'm talking about, the craftsmen ship and quality of the ARB is unbelievable, I've been machining parts now for well over 17 years and I can tell you I'm very impressed with the precision of this locker.

Quick Reply: Rear Locker 2