PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear Air-bag replacement instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 PM

The OEM manuals are rather expensive but the info they provide is worth the cost. Imagine making one mistake and having to spend more time and money just repairing the boo-boo and then going back to fix the original problem.

"Knowledge is power....................chance favors the prepared mind"

Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 PM

I haven't checked Ebay for the manuals yet, but I think I only paid about $90 for the ones for my Viper, and that came with the regular shop manual, the body-shop manual, and the electronic system manual. Granted, the electronics on a Viper are pretty damn simple! lol

Old 10-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Plan on paying between 135 and 150 for the H2 manuals.

Helm Incorporated: Search Results=

Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 AM

Dammit!
I walked into the garage this morning and the damn rear end is sagging again! The brand new bags are in and it's still doing it. Both sides seem to drop equally, so I have to have a leak somewhere, but it's not a fast enough leak to listen for air coming out.

Any other guesses? I know I could have a bad line or something, but both lines? I just can't figure out why BOTH sides are leaking down the same even after new bags.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM

If you believe that its an air line to the bags, then may I suggest getting a small spray bottle and fill it with a mixture of soap and water. A nice soapy solution will act as your detecting agent if you do have any leaks.

Fill your bags back up, shut off the motor, go underneath the H2 and start spraying (on a wide or semi wide spray pattern) at all the components of the system; connections, lines, compressor, etc. and look for ANY bubbles being formed. Spray everywhere, the soap water solution will not hurt anything. Use a flashlight and or mirror for any of the darker corners you cant see. If you see any bubbles, thats where your leak(s) are.

Once you have located the leaks, then you can focus on the needed adjustments and repairs.

Last edited by fyr145; 10-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Towdawg, how did you get that air hose off? I'm having the same problem. Everything else is off except for the daggum hose! Grrr

Old 02-05-2012, 03:12 AM

I used a some needle-node pliers and pushed down on the metal ring while I pulled on the air line. That got everything apart and I put the new bags in, but it still leaks down. I sprayed some some soap and water on there and both bags are still leaking from where the lines go into the bags. Unfortunately, my jack doesn't go high enough to completely get the H2 off the ground, so I'll eventually get the car to my buddy's place and use his lift to fix it. I "think" if I take the inner fenders out, I can get a better push on the lines and eliminate the leak.
I saw a thread where someone was talking about how easy it was to replace the bags, and I sent them a PM, but never got a response.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:33 PM

Well, thank you for replying TowDawg, I appreciate it. Actually everything up to the hose part was easy! Maybe too easy! :-)

I'll keep at till I figure it out. Thanks again!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 PM

TowDawg - I owe your post for making me attempt this. I also needed 24 hours away but I got it!! Since my shock was shot and totally deflated I just pushed it up in to the chassis to get some leverage and without any tools I pushed the tip of the shock connector down and then pushed the hose slightly in, then pulled it right out. I was so shocked I sat there for a few moments asking "could it be that simple?". Since it was disconnected apparently it is!

So, installing the new bag was a breeze. I'll be watching for the next 24 hours to see if I got it in far enough or if I'm in the same boat as you. I have a funny feeling I'll be re-seating the hose next weekend as I replace the other bag.

Either way I'm stoked to have done it myself!