PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

This is really disturbing to me as a Hummer owner....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 AM

I put a GM Hybrid logo on the back of my H3 and no one has ever bothered me!!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 PM

the funny thing is that 90% of our vehicles are able to be recycled when they are in scrap form the us still hasnt figured out what to do with the massive battery packs that hybrids use once they are no longer any good. the carbon foot print that electric cars would leave is enormous since our current power grid capabilties couldnt charge enough of them we would have to have more nuclear power plants then what would the tree huggers say. i support the american economy one tank of gas at a time!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:58 PM

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a silver hybrid decal off ebay. I think "Hybrid" on a Hummer is hilarious.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Michal
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a silver hybrid decal off ebay. I think "Hybrid" on a Hummer is hilarious.
I got mine on eBay as well. I'm surprised no one has questioned it. But I've never had anyone bad mouth my Hummer.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 PM

haha oh man im so buying one...

Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 AM

I thought I was living in a fascist dictatorship?

Sure you can't buy beer in the supermarkets, pork is hard to get, and the folks here don't get to vote (and don't seem to want to either). And there are big Kim Jong Il style billboards with the great leader's portrait along some of the major roads, and the newspapers are all censored.

And at least I can still drive my hummer around without anyone flipping me the bird. Over here you're considered a good chap for supporting the Arabian economy.

The only question I've been asked about my choice of car is why I didn't buy an H2.

One of my pals back in the UK did ask if I was concerned about global warming... I pointed out this won't be a problem - the air con in the H3 is excellent.

So no hybrid decals defiling the back of my hummer!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned
Default right on with air cond

yeah mine works so good i can open a window for the little gas saver beside me!!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:20 PM

Hi Rajul

When I lived in Israel I am sure I would only have received admiring glances since they are so rare there and Israelis are not enviromentalist freaks, but I probably could not have afforded a Hummer in Israel.

I got my "hybrid" decal over the weekend and stuck it below the H3. Mine was a fairly large oval so I trimmed it down to a rectangular shape so it matched the H3 boxy shape (the silver is actually almost the same colour as the "3"). Now I am considering getting another two for the sides.

On Friday I visited some family and they had friends in the driveway about to leave and the couple gave my Hummer a REALLY dirty look as I pulled up, and barely greeted me. And surprise, they had a Prius Hybrid so I was just itching for them to say something so I could retort about their enviromenally unfriendly battery packs. Does anyone know where I can get more information/canon fodder against these hybrids?

Thanks
Michal

Originally Posted by Rajul_Al_Hummer
I thought I was living in a fascist dictatorship?

Sure you can't buy beer in the supermarkets, pork is hard to get, and the folks here don't get to vote (and don't seem to want to either). And there are big Kim Jong Il style billboards with the great leader's portrait along some of the major roads, and the newspapers are all censored.

And at least I can still drive my hummer around without anyone flipping me the bird. Over here you're considered a good chap for supporting the Arabian economy.

The only question I've been asked about my choice of car is why I didn't buy an H2.

One of my pals back in the UK did ask if I was concerned about global warming... I pointed out this won't be a problem - the air con in the H3 is excellent.

So no hybrid decals defiling the back of my hummer!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Michal
Hi Rajul

When I lived in Israel I am sure I would only have received admiring glances since they are so rare there and Israelis are not enviromentalist freaks, but I probably could not have afforded a Hummer in Israel.

I got my "hybrid" decal over the weekend and stuck it below the H3. Mine was a fairly large oval so I trimmed it down to a rectangular shape so it matched the H3 boxy shape (the silver is actually almost the same colour as the "3"). Now I am considering getting another two for the sides.

On Friday I visited some family and they had friends in the driveway about to leave and the couple gave my Hummer a REALLY dirty look as I pulled up, and barely greeted me. And surprise, they had a Prius Hybrid so I was just itching for them to say something so I could retort about their enviromenally unfriendly battery packs. Does anyone know where I can get more information/canon fodder against these hybrids?

Thanks
Michal
Michal,
Haven't you seen in the news about the Toyota Prius? They're having brake problems. They've caused many of them to wreck. Toyota refuses another recall. POS!!!

Bob

Old 02-08-2010, 01:27 PM

I don't get it either. I have an H2 and a Prius. I love both cars for what they represent and their respective technologies. But my Prius sat at a dealer for 2 months when it would not run without all kinds of eletrical problems. Now I am worried she will not brake and/or decide to take off on her own!

The Prius does respresent a nice step towards the future of fuel efficient vehicles. Yet it does have large environmental impacts with the batteries. I do believe they are required to be recycled. But even if we do start making good reliable electric cars, our current electrical grid system could not handle the increased demand. Heck, we can't even air condition some houses during the day in the summer in California.

We need more nuclear plants and then we can take the next step towards electical cars. Unfortunately it only takes what 30 years to build one plant?

Quick Reply: This is really disturbing to me as a Hummer owner....