PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ready for "poser" accusations

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:35 AM

So a "professional" photographer thought it would be a good idea to park your truck behind a shrubbery before taking the picture? I guess that kind of gives the illusion that you're off-roading.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Smile

Actually there were several photos taken in various locations.....near a pond, in a wooded area, in the grassy area I posted and in a nicely mowed yard. Even a few on pavement. Apparently what I've done with my H3 has really twisted something in your large intestine. Feel free to ignore any future posts from me. Be assured you won't see any photos of it covered in mud.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
Apparently what I've done with my H3 has really twisted something in your large intestine. Feel free to ignore any future posts from me.
Sounds like you're not quite as ready for those "poser" accusations as you said you were. You mad bro?

Alas, I don't have anything twisted inside me, except for my sense of humor. That combined with the fact that I'm an a$$hole and a smart-a$$ by nature and what you get is blunt honesty.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 PM

so out of curiousity, how much did all of the graphics and mods end up costing since you purchased it? and did you do all this just for the car and truck shows? you should bring it to the next annual SEMA show in Vegas...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by V8-H3
I have to laugh at comments like this. I didn't know you can't off road with chrome. Must stop you in the mud or something I guess.
I always thought this, too. Guess what!? Mud and dirt cleans off chrome! Shocking isn't it?

There's no reason why you can't chrome your rig out & look good on & off the road. I never understood the whole 'chrome = poser' idea.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Talking

[quote=H3DONIST;278478]Sounds like you're not quite as ready for those "poser" accusations as you said you were. You mad bro?

Not mad at all.....in fact I'm quite amused. I knew the hardcore mud and rust guys would be messed up sideways about a "pretty" looking Hummer. The "poser" thread was initiated to provide info/updates about the vehicle.....not the photography. Sorry that you got redirected by the watermarks.....

And yes, we have spent a fair amount of $$ on the modifications. May not make it to SEMA in Vegas, but we have our prime spot waiting at Autorama next January at Cobo Hall in Detroit. Also, I just did my first interview yesterday with a prominent "custom" car publisher......should have a magazine article to add to the receipt file soon!

Car and truck shows were part of the motivation.....smiling from ear to ear each time we drive it was the biggest motivation!

Last edited by mgoblue85; 05-25-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

I've been following the build on facebook.... I like it.... very different... very custom...

Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM

I received an email from the content manager at Boldride.com last week asking me for information about our H3. They posted an article about it on their website. The link is below.....

http://www.boldride.com/blog/2012/05/your-ride-2008-hummer-h3-alpha.

Kinda neat...

Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 PM

So what are the next mods planned for your rig?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 AM

So this is your 2 year plan? When I saw this I thought of your poor mall girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlIMH27XXk

Quick Reply: Ready for "poser" accusations