PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Re: too rough in Baja; noise found!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Default Re: too rough in Baja; noise found!!

AAhhhh! It's just a flesh wound.....So after work I finally wash all the dirt off my H3, as I pass the sponge over the headlight I notice it is VERY loose, you can wobble it back and forth a good inch, so I check out the other headlight and it is the same way. I poke around the front end more and I notice the entire grill has come loose. I dont know how it is attached, I am assuming it clips/snaps into place but it seems it was knocked loose by off roading ( could of been the jump), and it maybe held the headlights in place also, so all that is now loose. That definetly explains that extra thump in the front end when going over bumps. I'll just swing it by the dealer, their close. I'm glad it was nothing more serious, my faith has been restored!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2273/95C43C18A74B47D5924366204D6A7FFD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Default RE: Re: too rough in Baja; noise found!!

Did the jump break a mounting point for the grille assembly?

Can you guys get Locktite/thread lock? Id be asking the Dealer to Locktite every bolt around the front end and interior screws etc etc this will stop vibrations working bolts and screws loose. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM

That looks like fun, where was that?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 PM

I am not sure if I brokea mounting point or what. I bet the grill just snaps into place, so if I wanted I could probably push it back in. I dont think anything is "broken" but I could be wrong...As for the headlights I dont know....I'll find out soon. Thank god it's under warranty and its nothing wrong with the suspension or drivetrrain.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 PM

This was on the way to Guadalupe Canyon, http://www.guadalupe-canyon.com/ This place was awesome, kinda hot this time of year ( 100+) but if your from Arizona your used to it. Natural hot springs that are piped into natural rock hot tubs at each campsite...flippin awesome!!! Icant wait to go back when it's cooler. It is about 45 min south of Calexico, not to far, then about 40 miles or so offroad to get to the campsite, 4X4 recomended, the offroad drive was the funnest part!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mfish

This was on the way to Guadalupe Canyon, http://www.guadalupe-canyon.com/ This place was awesome, kinda hot this time of year ( 100+) but if your from Arizona your used to it. Natural hot springs that are piped into natural rock hot tubs at each campsite...flippin awesome!!! Icant wait to go back when it's cooler. It is about 45 min south of Calexico, not to far, then about 40 miles or so offroad to get to the campsite, 4X4 recomended, the offroad drive was the funnest part!
I will have to go there some time in the very near future

Old 05-19-2007, 03:14 AM

I had some friends that were arrested in Mexico for doing nothing other than being a good source of money. They were jailed until the high fines were paid. The drug charges were totally false. Several other Americans were there for months as they could not pay the fines.My friends father paid their fines.[/align]Other friends in RV were robbed by road bandits. They were lucky to get away with their lives. Remote places in Mexico are lawless.[/align]

Old 05-19-2007, 11:08 AM

It seems everybody knows somebody who has had a horror story in mexico. Trucks stolen, husteled for money, etc. I have been going there for about 13 years and the only trouble I have got into was by the US border patrol when they found all the fireworks I was bringing back. As long as you are not some obnoxious drunk gringo and keep to yourself you should be OK. This pics from Playa Saldamando, Baja.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2273/ADFB2719792F4DC4AC15B516DCD9D9F4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 AM

the grill does not just clip into place, it's held in by screws and clips.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:31 PM

...something definetly came loose, not sure if it's a clip or screws. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, I'll find out monday when I take it in, it's weird the headlight are loose also. I also noticed some of the clips that hold the front wheel wells in place were kinda loose, it seems kind of cheesy they use those clips on front, I noticed in back the wheel wells are bolted on and they are solid, the front ones got some wiggle ( at least mine do ).

ORIGINAL: importkiller

the grill does not just clip into place, it's held in by screws and clips.

Quick Reply: Re: too rough in Baja; noise found!!