PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rausch Creek PA, Labor Day Weekend Run

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Exclamation Rausch Creek PA, Labor Day Weekend Run

This labor day weekend, we will be having an event at Rausch Creek in PA. All are welcome to attend, whether stock or modified. Our last RC run brought in 13 Hummers from all over the Northeast. Please feel free to ask any questions that I may have left out.

Most all of us are going to stay at the Hampton inn. Below is the link for the hotel for those who are interested. Primitive camping is also available for free provided by the park for those who use the park. Also below is the link for the park. All information can be found there with membership and cost for the park.

The event will be on Friday Sept. 3rd through Sunday the 5th. That Friday will be for meet and greet at the hotel. Saturday and Sunday will be when the wheeling will take place. For those who plan on meeting us there, We will be leaving the hotel around 10:00 a.m. to get to the park. We can be met there or in the parking lot at RC.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=PVGPAHX

http://rc4x4.org/

Please post if you are interested in attending so we can add you to the list. It is a family event with a lot of fun to be had.

Also, You don't have to do anything you do not feel comfortable with. There are Bypass routes for the more difficult obstacles. We tend to stick with the green trails which is easy difficulty, with a few Medium difficulty trails as well. Spotters will help out with blind obstacles so no damage occurs to your truck.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:16 AM

I am intrested , I used to ATV there alot , not really sure about taking my H3 off road but I like to try anything at least once. Anyone from the CNY area like to travel down together , PM for my number.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:45 PM

Alright Tommy! I tried to send you a PM but it looks like you are not accepting them. Where in Central NY are you located? I had planned on going out the 90 to the 81 and take that all the way down to the hotel.

As far as taking your truck, I never thought I would EVER take mine off road. Now I can't go past a trail without scoping it out. Most of the trails are like a highway there. You may receive a few scratches but nothing that can't be buffed out. You won't regret taking it out because our group is very knowledgeable with off road. Nobody want's to have damage done to their vehicle. I have at least an 8 hour drive home and I can't afford the loss of time for parts.

If you do decide to go, I would make reservations for the hotel as soon as possible due to the weekend of the event. Mention Rausch Creek and you will receive a special rate. Glad to see you are showing interest in the event and hope to see you there!

We are meeting Friday Sept. 3rd at the hotel. Show up at any time and we will be taking over the back parking lot. Stay as long as you like and wheel as long as you like. Like I said, we will not force you to do anything you don't feel comfortable with.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Tommy I go out 84 to 81 from CT so let me know if you want to semi convoy there... you'll have a blast guaranteed and the worst that can happen is you catch the bug and have to justify modding the H3 to the wife

Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Wow very cool thanks guys.
Yea I'm not scared to off road at all so we are good to go , I just never thought of off roading my hummer , I bought it for the bad winters here in NY..LOL.
I will have off that Saturday and will only stay the day so I will not need the hotel but thanx for the info.

Here is my email and we can exchange numbers from there .. blasterboy69@msn.com

PS. I live north of Syracuse and I can take 81 the whole way.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:21 AM

Okay Tommy, you are added to the list! We will see you on that Saturday.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 PM

Im interested in going. I've been planning to take a trip up there so this would work out perfect, have a few other hummers to ride with, that will be a change. Quick question though, is there still room on the list to go?

Old 08-21-2010, 07:45 AM

What a question! There is always room on our list as it is endless. The more the merrier. We have to show up the jeep crews that are always there. I'm almost positive you will be the only H1 there though. We will look forward to seeing you there!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 AM

Always room for one more, our last outting we hit 16 Hummers if memory serves correct... There's a couple more H1s that are going to try to make it... See you there!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:35 PM

ok, im booked at the hotel, and cant wait to get their and meet everyone.
what time is a good time to get their friday?

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek PA, Labor Day Weekend Run