PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

rather discontinue hummer

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Default rather discontinue hummer

than sell to a chinese company

Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 AM

Chinese companies are all about finding good investments right now. They're expanding like crazy all over the world. They probably saw what GM was doing wrong with Hummer, so now they're going to fix it and run a better business. I'm sure they'll build off of the huge reputation Hummer has built and only improve the efficiency and quality of the vehicles. You know GM had to be losing a ton of money with Hummer: from taxes to legacy costs for their workers. The new Chinese company may actually turn Hummer around and we can get better vehicles at a lower price.

I'm actually excited to see what they put out on the lot.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 AM

The Chinese deal fell through!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by vetteman40404
The Chinese deal fell through!!!!!!!
YUP....Saw it on CNN.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 AM

Great, now I have a pair of orphans sitting in my garage. I guess it's not that bad though considering one's an H3 and the other is a Solstice, two of the most exciting vehicles for me that GM has ever produced. Think I'll keep 'em!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM

Agree with RJK. This is an AMERICAN brand. I am not trying to be disrespectful but I would rather it be discontinued than owned by another nation. It is part of its' mystic. I would love to see AM General regain control and produce H2 and H3's and even further develop the concept models. Althought now that I know Hummer is gone, I am more inclined to trade it my other vehicle and buy another.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:41 AM

They should just kill hummer with honor. rather than to have it suffer and drag on. which would also add some value to my rig

Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 AM

I understand that people feel the hummer brand should live as american or die. I personally feel on the middle of the fence, we can only speculate what this Chinese company would have done. For all we know they could have kicked the crap out of what gm developed for the brand, this company was into industrial trucks they might have armor plated the new hummers for effect. Perfect example is there was a armored military truck called the Gurkha, Which I believe to have been russian. The manufacture sold the rights to the truck and name just like hummer was sold. It was taken over by a candian company they now produce the Conquest Knight. The truck blows the crap out of all the consumer hummers. It weighs 6 tons 14" ground clearance completely gernade proof and bullet proof up to assault rifles. It is a high end luxury security transport. I understand its on a different consumer market and the truck is 3 times the cost of top of the line h2. My Point is who would have thought canadians could put out a truck like that. Thats why if another country would have taken over the hummer brand I wouldnt have had any feels till I saw what came off there assembly line. Even if they made a total crap truck with hummer logo, it would most likely boost value of the GM built hummers which we own.I am up for whatever happens with the hummer brand dying or getting sold. I would think the hummer brand could eventually just be auctioned or something since gm would rather get something out of the name then take a total loss.