PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ran in Yellow Metal Pole - dent question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Default Ran in Yellow Metal Pole - dent question

Hi - a little embarrassed to post, but oh well... I side swiped a yellow pole with the back passenger side bumper and wheel well. Luckily I was able to get all the yellow paint off with rubbing compound. The most damage was to the lower black plastic bumper corner piece, which will have to be replaced, and also a dent in the metal upper side panel above the wheel well.

The Hummer is a 2006 H3

The first question is, does anyone know where I can order the black plastic corner bumper cover (pic below)... for cheap. ;-)

The second question is, I mentioned the small dent in the upper metal panel above the wheel well. (pic below)

When I try to press the plastic piece that sits above the wheel well that flares out - where the small dent is, it will not attach in that area because it is dented in about 1/4 inch - so two of the seven plastic attachments that hold it on will not press in around that area. The only way to reach that area to press out the dented metal panel seems to be from the inside. Has anyone ever taken apart the inside where the storage compartment is?

Is it possible to get to the metal panel from there. My only other thought was to see if a paint free dent guy could pull it out... any thoughts or ideas on that would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help,
Eric

Old 09-20-2011, 04:18 AM

I would post this in the H3 section, and I would keep it the way it is until you want to sell it and tell people that's from urban offroading!!! good luck, I couldn't find anything on ebay for you, I would try a google search or find another H3 and steal theirs or replace it with yours.. That would be funny

Old 09-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Default Funny

That's great - got a good laugh out of that - thanks

Old 09-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned
Default rubing compound,no,no,,clearcoat

i hit one the first day! i had my first h3,(07). on a gradual left turn the "a" pillar created a blind spot for the "new"driver. my left front tire hit it square on and i got a good bounce. i was afraid to get out,,,i found,no damage!,just yellow paint on the plastic fender i wiped it off with a gasoline dampened cloth and washed it with soap,then waxed. note , rubbing compound is a no no on base/clearcoat i hear.

btw, beware yellow pipes at walmart!!

Last edited by drtom; 09-21-2011 at 11:11 AM.