PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off

I understand the principle part and I hate to get ripped off as bad as anyone but the dealer offered to settle for half the price of the stuff plus shipping. That means that on a $340.00 deal you are left fighting over about $140.00. Florida to NY, $140.00 the value of your time...I might take the 2 bills and call it a day.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:11 AM

...I hate to get ripped off...the dealer offered to settle for half the price of the stuff plus shipping. That means...you are left ...$140.00
3hummers, excuse me for editing you words...but!!!!!

Remember I already paid full price for the items when I bought the H3. So actually if I took the dealership's deal then I would end up paying 150% the cost of the items + shipping.

Let them pay for their own mistakes so next time the internet manager will consider the vehicle description with more caution.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 AM

OK Seriously,

Not to be rude. You bought an H3 sight unseen that was over 1000 Miles away from you house. Did you not look at pictures before you flew up there????? How much did you really save after that plane ticket and gas to get it home???? Not to mention the wear and tear of the drive home? And dude Running Boards VS Nerf bars please Are you serious???? Have you ever bought a car before? I mean seriouslyyou have to got be a moron.

Sorry to the rest of the forum members for slamming this guy but seeing how I used to sell cars this guy would be a nightmare customer. I would not sell this guy a pencil sharpener let alone a car. His dad should have wore a condom.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM

I mean seriouslyyou have to got be a moron.
Nice grammar.

Nerf vs running boards was not an issue...I let that slide.

Drive home was a bonus. Air tickets one way $154.00. Gas home about $300.00
Wear and tear??? It's a Hummer dude...meant to be driven.

Last answer...yes I just bought a PT Cruiser with 25 miles in NC off the internet 2 weeks ago. It was a good deal sold by a good dealer.

Have your questions been answered HumminBoatin?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM

The real question is why didn't you pitch a fit on delivery?

Old 03-30-2008, 05:15 PM

I feel sorry for you having a rough time with the deal. And I can see why you want your money back. But, I have been getting all over my sister for this same thing (she buys cars online, hates them, reposts them and buys another). How do you buy a car without touching it? My wife told me when we first met that she had NEVER test drove any car that she had bought. How do you do that? You HAVE to touch, drive and look at a car before you buy it! That's an awful big investment to take somebody's word on, IMO.

Thank god I grew up before the days of the internet, you had to actually deal with people one on one. THAT is part of the problem that you are having with the dealership, they don't know how to deal with people anymore. Whether or not any of us agree with you or not on this, it used to be "take care of the customer" and "the customer is always right". Not always the case, but you need to make them feel like they are.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

I hope he gets what he wants but I can see where some of the confusion came from. I would have taken there offer and moved on but if he has the time to invest in the fight then good for him.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: geeggee

Remember I already paid full price for the items when I bought the H3.
Really? Or did you negotiate a price so good that you chose to fly into another state for purchase...

Seems more like a case of semantics -- not misrepresentations. If it said it had a sunroof and didn't, then I'd be jumping up and down.

"RAMP's vehicle description: "Carpeting with Tufloor in Rear Cargo Area" and "Roof Rack". "

Every H3 has carpet, and in the cargo area, has a Tufloor lining. This makes sense.

What you were thinking were roof racks are actually, as Hummer puts it, "Roof Rack Cross Bars," which are bars that attach to the roof rack. Every H3 technically has this roof rack system.

Could the dealership have been more clear, and thrown in a set of roof racks for the confusion?Sure - and itprobably would have been the right thing to do.

However,writing letters to the BBB, DMV, and flaming the dealership on every Hummer forum on the net probably isn't going to convince them - especially when technically speaking, they were right.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 AM

"I have posted my concerns on Hummer X Forum at this URL: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6349 The forum membership in my honest opinion tends to agree with me."

Sorry geeggee but I don't share your opinion that the forum tends to agree with you. Most of us wished you good luck. In my opinion, it's not that clear as you think. I don't want to **** you off but I think that you won't be successful with your course of action.

Just keep us informed...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM

Hummer Guy Stated it the exact way I see it. Something makes me think Geegee is a faker. Maybe another 14yr. old poser???? Impy Could check this out???? Something just smells wrong about this guy.

Quick Reply: RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off