PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Quick review of road trip 4000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Default Quick review of road trip 4000 miles

2 weeks ago I took the orange beast for a 4000 rt road trip .
Miami - West Virginia-Pennsylvania-Western Ny - Niagara falls,On - Ny city - North carolina - Miami
It perform great without any problem

My only concern was a rubber burn smell coming from beneath . Belt was fine , all hoses fine , breaks fine , no oil spill ,so at the end only thing I can think of was the salt stick and burning on the exhaust . Also the smell was gone after temperature rinse over 55 ( on the way back to FL )

The best I could get was 13.5 mph .. Driving with cruise control @ 75 mph .. Not bad considering the gas price is $1 less than when I planned the trip

Tires : Goodyear duratrack performed great on winter cond , Got to Ice roads , snow , hills , freezing rain and never felt unstable .. Only negative is the vibration over 75 mph , these tires are know to be hard to get balance right , vibration wasnt too bad at 75 which is my Cruise speed anyway
Noise wasnt bad either , even when everyone was sleeping and the music turned low the noise was acceptable .. After the 4000 miles there is not notable/visible wear on the tires

The truck is very comfortable on the front seats however dont count with the rear seats for a such a long trip . Fortunately I got a small mattress on the back and my kids love it , ( I know it isnt too safe ) but most of the highway time was pretty much empty with almost not traffic , much less dangerous than the roads we use to drive in Miami .

Driving at night was a pain cause I got everyone pissed with my HID lights . Semi , cars , Suv flash lights , horn and even turn Hi lights behind me
( which I dont mind cause the auto dimmer mirror works great)
I never exp that before but mostly in Ny people got really mad cause my lights .. Well I guess next time will switch for regular bulbs for the trip

... Best part of the trip ... Driving the BIG orange tru the mountains .. Second best time drive tru Ny city .. That was fun

Quick review of road trip 4000 miles-dsc_0929c.jpg

Quick review of road trip 4000 miles-csc_0314c.jpg

Quick review of road trip 4000 miles-dsc_0306-2-c.jpg

Quick review of road trip 4000 miles-dsc_0034c.jpg

Old 01-17-2015, 03:16 PM

good to know everything went well . that picture at night its in NJ . i used to walk on that sidewalk alot . and also 70 to 75 MPG looks to be the sweet spot for better gas mileage on this trucks ... i may do another long trip back to texas since things are not working out too well down here for me ;-( ..

Old 01-17-2015, 06:52 PM

Yes thas Kennedy blv .my wife lived in NJ for a few years so she know around .
To be honest with you I would move out of Florida if possible . I love small towns on mountains places but too hard to move after you make a life

Old 01-18-2015, 08:12 AM

Great post. Looks like a great trip.