PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Questions Regarding H2 Winches, Portable Air Compressors, Spare Tire Jacks, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Default Questions Regarding H2 Winches, Portable Air Compressors, Spare Tire Jacks, etc.

What's a good winch system to have for my H2, as I know absolutely nothing about them nor have I ever used one to date? Can one be shared between the the frontand the rear receivers, or is it just best to leave it up front? Also, are these things operated from inside the cabin and/or standing alongside the front of theH2 and then being operated by some sort of remote control unit? Also, what winch accessories should I carry; i.e., 'tree saver' sling, chain, tow hooks, etc...just in case?

Also, what is the best type of 12 volt portable air compressor to carry in my H2...just in case I need to lower the tire pressure prior totransversing some sand dunes; thus,requiring the need to refill the tires back to normal operatingPSI prior to driving back 'on road'?

Is the OEM tire/wheel jack appropriate for the H2, or is there something better that many of you carry instead?

Also, how badly do items have a tendency to bounce around within the H2's cargo area when one is actually driving 'off-road'...although I plan on taking everything slow and easy? Should everything be tightly secured within the cargo area anyway?

Thanks for your help. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Default RE: Questions Regarding H2 Winches, Portable Air Compressors, Spare Tire Jacks, etc.

Have you seen the WARN PowerPlant Dual Force HP? I haven't seen anything posted about it but it seems made for us offroading! Air Compressor with a WARN winch, just needs a beer tap to be perfect

http://www.warn.com/powerplant_hp.shtml

Old 01-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Default RE: Questions Regarding H2 Winches, Portable Air Compressors, Spare Tire Jacks, etc.

Thanks Wu Jen, I'll definitely check it out. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]