PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question on GM Supplier Discount

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Default Question on GM Supplier Discount

Hey guys - Just found out that my company recieves a GM Supplier Discount from the GM Buypower website. My question is, is the GM Supplier Discount better than getting a vehicle with $100 over invoice? BTW - I am going to our dealership this Wednesday to possibly purchase an '08 Alpha. Been interested for quite some time on this vehicle and with the GM supplier discount I don't think I can go wrong. Thanks for any input.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Question on GM Supplier Discount

Haggle with them first and then when you're about to sign you need to suddenly remember that you get the discount. If they already made you a good deal they'll be happy to show you their price is better than the GM discount. I'm pretty sure $100 over invoice is better though.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 AM

I think every GM supplier discount might be different, and discounts depend on where you live.You should be able to go to gmsupplierdiscount.comand then enter your company's code. If you don't have it then someone in your HR department should be able to get it for you. Now build the Hummer the way you want, see what the MSRP will be, and what your discount is.They will also give you an authorization number. You are supposed to disclose this as soon as you talk to your sales rep. I purchased 2 vehicles this year. I got about 1500 below invoice on a 07 Equinox, and about 1000 below invoice on a 07 H3. Keep in mind invoice is below MSRP. that means about 2500 below sticker on the Equinox, and about 3000 below sticker on the H3. I hope this info was helpful.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the info Black_Impala. I do have the Supplier Discount Authorization Number already and it's good till 6/20/08. I also did go to the website and build an Alpha so thanks for the info! Once last question...it looks like I will also get $2500 in total cash allowances. Do you know if I can still get the $1000 GM Conquest rebate? It was offered to me back in the springtime when I was looking at an '07. The Conquest Rebate is for new owners that did not have a GM vehicle before the new car purchase. I was going to ask if I could still get this rebate added on.

Thanks

Old 12-24-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm looking at getting HUMMER #2 in the spring. Anybody know if you can use your GM card points & the GM Discount??

Old 12-24-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm not positive you will get the conquest rebate, but I would say your chances are good. they gave me the 900 dollar moonroof rebate on top of my supplier discount. If you have never used a discount before, the dealer isn't making much money on the sell. They may actually be making nothing at first, and they submit the authorization codes on the rebates to get re-embersed for the price they gave you. If they tell you no, I might even call GM and ask them about it. Dealers can be liars. I once had a dealer tell me I was going to have to pay a 2000 dollar surcharge on a lease end. I was buying the truck, and they said because the mileage was so low, I had to pay the differance that they would have gotten for the truck because of the low mileage. One call to GM took care of that.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:12 AM

I recently bought an H3 Alpha (highly recommended). I first tried negotiating like mentioned above and then using the supplier discount. However that was difficult. I always started with invoice on car but eventually ended up higher than supplier. I tried this with a few dealers, even out of state. Was not a fun process.

So after my 2-3 weeks, here is the 30 minute process that worked the best.

30 minute plan: Find a non-local dealer online that has the car you want (get the VIN from online). Call up the dealer and tell them to quote you the supplierdiscount, assure it has all the additional discounts, I also had them quote me financing. Then have them fax it to you. The fax usually includes all the numbers you need (car price, tax, discounts, monthly payments…). Then go to your local dealer and tell them to beat it. I do not think it mattered but no where on the price sheet did it mention supplier discount, so it looks like any other offer by another dealer. My local dealer to my surprise beat it soundly. 9 out of 10 they will beat it, they need to sell vehicles. I didn’t even use the supplier discount. You want even better deal than maybe it will take a little longer, but nothing I tried got me this low of a deal so fast.

Good luck.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 AM

I got the GM discount, dad retired from GM, and used the rebate from the GM credit card. You can do both.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 AM

Coming from a dealer (not GM). How about this-shop 3 local dealers and TELL THEM you get supplier. I work for a Ford franchise (the import one...) and we accept 'S' and 'E' plan as examples. As was pointed out above...the dealer is paid a certain commission on the car for accepting your employee purchase. So, in other words...if you think you got a great deal not using it-it probably could have been sweetened a few hundred dollars had you disclosed what you were doing and that you had a code.

My suggestion is this: the dealer wants to sell a car as much as you want to buy one. Dealers have conditioned customers (and I mean in history) to disclose as little as possible to attempt to steal a car. Then the dealer does the same...and it becomes an un-fun, arbitrary process that in the end makes nobody happy. You end up hating the dealer and the dealer ends up hating you. Believe me-I've been in the car business for 7 years...and I LOVE cars and I love working with people-but it gets very old very quick when nobody coming through the door wants to show their cards on the first pass. Some of my favorite customers are those who we made VERY little on-but they told me what they were trying to do right off the bat. It's a tough time in the car business and in this economy right now-a new thing to try is to just go in and tell them what you are trying to accomplish. Do some internet research and contact a few local dealers...go in prepared to actually buy a car...find one you like...tell them what you'll pay, and that's it!

Your time is worth money.

Good luck in your search.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:08 AM

I know thedealer has nothing invested in either the GM Supplier Discount or any rebates,and should apply these after the deal is made. It would be cool if youI could get an additional $1500.00 additional savings. I paid $23,980.00 for my base 07 W/satalite & thetube steps.Any additional savings wouldreallysweeten the deal!!

Quick Reply: Question on GM Supplier Discount