PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question about sunroof adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:16 PM
CWC
Default Question about sunroof adjustments

I searched for info about adjusting the sunroof to make it flush with the roof of my 2007 H3 and so far only came up with tons of drain tube info. I am currently trying to make sure I have no water leak problems so I have already went through the drain tube cleaning and mods. However I noticed the whole front (and especially the left front) of my sunroof/rubber seal is down below the surface of my roof by about 1/4 inch on the right front and 1/2 inch on the left front when fully closed. It is so far down that I can even see into the vehicle just a bit on the left side. So rain just pretty much pours into the track at that point. My seal is also getting bad so I am in the process of ordering a new one and installing. $111 for a seal? Luckily the drains are awesome now and no leaks out of the track. I need to know how to adjust the sunroof to get it flush with the roof. I would assume there are some sort of adjustments for this. I'm thinking this is going to involve fully removing the headliner to get this done. If there is a thread on this I missed, kindly direct me there. Or any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:48 AM

There are 4 torx head screws that are very obvious from the interior when you have the sunshade open and the window closed.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:22 PM

the book says the front should be .020 in under the metal,,,the rear .020 above. dont ask me why. air flow??

Old 05-26-2014, 07:42 AM
CWC

Yea, I actually saw those when I first looked it over and didn't realize they were slotted for movement. I figured they were just for removal of the glass top....so later when I had the whole headliner removed, then I tried them and wadayaknow Thanks for the specs, I think I have it where it needs to be now, and even with the rubber seal needing replaced, and running it through the car wash, it only had a small drip into the tray. At least I got all the tubes siliconed and zip tied to the drains coming out of the sunroof tray while the headliner was out, so it was worth it. Now hopefully with regular cleaning of the tubes, no leaks will be in my future.