PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

QUESTION ABOUT FRONT END NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Default QUESTION ABOUT FRONT END NOISE

Just started to get a front end squeaking (sounds like old springs in a bed), at about 5-10 MPH going down a gravel or rough road, right side around the wheel area.

Took it to the dealer for service today and of course it wouldn't do it. The Tech laid the grease to it and said it should solve the problem. I live about 3 hrs from dealer and I get almost home and pull on to a gravel service road and BAM there the noise is.

Anybody had any problems so far with bushings or any front end parts?

Since the Hummer dealer is so far, can the H3 be serviced by a GM tech here in my town under warranty.

Thanks in advance to any help.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT FRONT END NOISE

i can't answer your specific H3 problem, but i had a similar issue with my H2. i could only hear it at very slow speed, and it sounded almost like something was no longer round and rubbing on each turn. turned out to be the hub itself, and i've been through both of them now in the front. if it's truly related to being on a rough road, you should be able to hear it by pushing down on your bumper when you're stopped. if you can get the front end bouncing pretty good, that would tell you if it's a suspension part.

as for the warranty issue, i was told by the local GM/Chevy dealer that they wouldn't do any warranty work on a hummer, it had to be done by a hummer dealer. you should still call your local GM shop and ask though, it may be different for you.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:48 AM

i have been getting some front end squeek from what sounds like the drivers side hub, i notice it usually in fast food drive throuhgs

Old 01-05-2006, 02:00 AM

you probably notice it more there because of the echo from the building. i noticed mine more when crawling past a freeway barrier or along a high center divider.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:51 AM

good assumption, mine is going to the dealer monday to have a roof rail replaced that they cracked so i will have them look at it

Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 PM

I had a squeek on the front end of mine. It was typical of the sound a front suspension makes when the bushings need grease. After inspection, I learned that the front suspension has no provisions or grease fittings. No too crazy about that.

Anyway, I discovered that the noise was coming from the hood latch assembly. I applied a bit of grease to the latch and the hook on the hood, and the problem was solved.