PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Default question

looking at buying a 1996 h1 .... i live in huntington beach, ca and was wondering if there are any recommendations re: mechanic to look it over .... id also take any pros / cons and advice as to major items to look for ..... thanks

Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: question

Take it by Tustin Hummer and let Mike Sabberese check it out for you. He is the best in the business and close to you also. on the 96 check to see if the engine block has been replaced. Some of them had a #8 cylinder issue. Most over 30K miles have had it done if needed but some have developed problems later. See if the HVAC upgrade has been done. Not such a big deal in SoCal but is a nice upgrade.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Default RE: question

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...mp;cardist=108

Don't know if this link will work. It's of an awesome 98 for $38,000 in Redondo Beach, CA. It's on auto trader if you want to look. Fully outfitted and low miles. It's the one I would buy if I was not a year out from purchase.

Mike is awesome. He was very helpful to me. His name on these forums is hummech. Email him and he will look at anything you want to pick up.

The 98 in Redondo is a guy who is moving oversees and needs to unload this wondefully awesome machine. Hope this helps