PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pulstar Plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Pulstar Plugs?

i dont know about hummer, but im a subaru tech and i have a customer that tried these plugs in his car... weve been through 5 different plugs in about 4,000 miles so.... 2 of those plugs were shipped defective, the other 3 quit creating any spark at all. what does the factory performance team use??? dont you think if these "new and improved" plugswere so great, theyd be using them? does this coompany have any true race proved testing? i dont know, i guess i learned not to put my hand back on the hot pan when i was a young one, maybe this guy just kept going back for more...

Old 06-30-2008, 05:44 PM

There's always someone out there building a better mousetrap. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I have the Jacobs Ignition on my Jeep but after spending $300 on it I can't tell a difference from stock. I'm old enough to remember:
[ol][*]Water Injection Systems[*]MSD multi spark ignitions[*]100 MPG Carburetors[*]Every spark plug imaginable[/ol]
I find it hard to believe you can out perform a double platinum OEM spark plug.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:44 PM

Well I did try them out I figured why not. Well they ran fine for a while and thought I saw a bit more mileage but then I had a rough idle and instead of looking at the plugs myself I brought my H3 into the shop. Bad idea they found that one of the plugs lost it electrode and caused carbon tracks to form in one of the plug boots. It was about $450.00 for new plugs and one new plug boot. But I must say Pulstar stood behind their product and after a month I got new set of plug and fully reimbursed for the repair and for my original plug order. So as it stands for a little hassle I have no out of pocket expense and a set (5) of plugs from Pulstar. So In terms of trying out something new, at least they are a company that stands behind their product and warranty.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM

i talked my customer into replacing the burnt out pulstar plugs with stockNGK iridiums (turbo legacy). after pulling the pulstar plugs out and looking at them, one plug has burnt up, quit creating spark completely, the other plug's electrode was burnt off, all the gaps were off. we gave the customer a cut on the price for some reason... this IS the 4th time ive been in the car replacing plugs. alldata calls for 3 hours labor.. at 100 dollars/hour, these plugs could never "pay for themselves". maybe its a good concept or something, but the product speaks for itself.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 PM

I tend to take a scientific approach and the theory seems good but the price out ways the risk. Splitfire was a good idea but the're soft on the electrode and the porcalin is cheap imo because they always cracked on me.

Copper is a great conductor, silver is better, then gold. Iriduim is lousy but its a durabilty factor. I have a set of Brisks and have yet to install them, but I have used them in other vehicles with great results. Beru makes a silver core to but not one that fits the 3.5/3.7. I used Beru in my VW's.

Sometimes the basic stuff works best.

Brisk Premium ROR15LGS spark plugs QTY-5.
DENSO 5338 ITV16
BOSCH BCH-4482 FOR 3.7/3.5
AC-DELCO ACF-41-103
CHAMPION CPN-7981

http://www.briskracing.com/product.php?productid=40
Subtotal: $64.95
Shipping: n/a
TOTAL: $64.95

info on plugs
http://www.nology.com/silver.html

Old 10-26-2008, 02:20 PM

Copper is a great conductor, silver is better, then gold.
This isn't correct. Silver is the best conductor of any metal known today. And copper is a better conductor than gold is. Gold is preferred because it is a decent conductor and does not oxidize or corrode like copper does.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM

Hey, I've actually tested these plugs on an engine dyno and put the whole thing on video. The engine was a Chevy small block with a carburetor, but I think the results are pretty fair. There were small gains, but at $25 a plug, whether or not they are worth it is up to you. You can check out the video at www.streetmuscleaction.com, or here's a direct link.
Thanks