PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pulstar Plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Pulstar Plugs?

I was looking around for more info on these plugs and came across this on some other forum. Not so much what the guy says,h but the link is to the first rendition of there product.

Nick Espeset - June 12, 2007 @ 6:58 pm

I applied for a job with these guys during their testing stage last year. I checked them out pretty thoroughly, and they are definitely not a scam. The patents they based their design on come from the plasma research at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, and it is definitely rocket science. The company has been around for a number of years as ‘Direct Hits’ manufacturing an external pulse booster. The ‘Pulstar’ plugs are an integrated version of the plasma device built right into the plug. If you want to see some of the original test results, take a look at this link:

www.directhits.com/technical.html

Oh yeah, and they DIDN’T hire me, so I am not a shill. OTOH, I have not used their product, so I don’t have any first-hand experience. [/align][/align]

Old 06-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Ok so just as a reminder I am laid up from recent (2 days ago) knee surgery. I don't have OCD. Okmaybe a bit, but here is some more info. Also the link I posted above for Direct-Hits has links to dyno tests and so on. So take a look at this article particularly the green section. I didn't know how else to highlight. Here is the link where I got this. http://www.ereleases.com/pr/20040916006.html
And I know if they area sponsor he is going to give them props. I just think it sounds plausible its just to bad that they have just be put on the market and that there are no real world reviews yet. At least not for there new version.

Press Release
Robby Unser Powers Up New Spark Plug
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. Sept. 16, 2004 -- World-famous race car driver, Robby Unser, has signed an agreement with Albuquerque-based ENERPULSE, Inc. to endorse its DirectHits(R) product. Indy 500 racer and winner of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb an unprecedented 9 times, Unser will represent DirectHits in the media, racing venues and trade shows. (Photo: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/2004-enerpulse.jpg)

"Robby is a perfect partner for DirectHits," said Daniel Parker, Chief Executive Officer of ENERPULSE, Inc. "His association with horsepower and a sincere passion for motor sports safety is the exact image for our products ... safe power."

DirectHits is a patented spark plug that dramatically increases horsepower and fuel economy in racing off-road and street vehicles. The bolt-on product achieves its results by storing ignition energy in an electrical device called a capacitor. The release of the stored energy burns fuel in the engine more efficiently resulting in the performance gains DirectHits has become know for.

Robby Unser commented that "the Unsers have always been attracted to automotive performance and that is why I am so captivated by DirectHits. When I saw an immediate 10.5% improvement in horsepower on a stock 2004 Chevy Avalanche just by installing DirectHits, I was convinced. After years of working with the same old sparkplugs in my racecars, I'm proud to be part of a new evolution in ignition performance!"

ROBBY UNSER RACING is a professional Auto Racing organization that specializes in product endorsements, marketing services, new business development and event promotions.

ENERPULSE, Inc. is a privately held company with offices in Albuquerque, NM. Founded in 1996, ENERPULSE, Inc. develops and markets products based on pulse power technology.

Daniel W. Parker of ENERPULSE, Inc.
888-800-6700
dparker@enerpulse.com
http://www.enerpulse.com

Nicole Rosenzweig for ROBBY UNSER RACING
505-203-0853
robbyunser@comcast.net

Old 06-16-2007, 08:14 PM

Aside from them producing a more intense spark which seems reasonable that it will cause a more complete burn of the air/fuel mixture...I see nothing it can do to harm the engine in any way....Cept the cost of $125.00 [&:]

Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 PM

It looks like there is a minature capacitor formed inside the spark plug. There were capacitive spark plug wires a while ago (maybe still available) that made similar claims. These spark plug wires had a third connection that went to the engine block.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM

Yeh that's right I remember those they also made them for harleys they were made by Nology and called Hotwires and they did have a capacitor built in and similer claims as the Pulstar plugs. Thanks for the memory jog ChevyHP.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:25 AM

Took a look at Nologys web site and they are very similar to the Pulstar plugs in terms of how they are supposed to work. Here is a link to some press that Nology Hotwires got:http://www.nology.com/quotes.html

Old 06-17-2007, 02:12 AM

Maybe it’s just way to late and my thinking is not all there at the moment but hear me out.

If the Pulstar plugs do work as claimed I wonder how much you might be able to squeeze out of them using a tune from PCMforlesss. A tune that would be specific for those plugs. I mean if they ignite your air fuel mixture faster and more completely you should be able to tune around that. For instance perhaps the tune they use for premium gascould then be used with regular gas if you had the Pulstar plugs and or the tune it self could be ramped up even more to use premium gaswith the Pulstars. I know I am just speculating, but for instance when I juiced up my Harleys coils for a much stronger spark I was able to advance the timing more andI gotmore power while still keeping a nice idle. And the more I look around online the Nology wires which are the same concept. Theyseem to be the real deal and there seems to be plenty of info backing them up. Nology that is.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:52 AM

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 53
Size:  2.9 KB

Old 06-22-2007, 08:50 AM

Just an update I put a call into Pulstar and they just started taking orders for them about a week ago and wont be shipping any until July. Apparently they are still working out there shipping format or something. So that’s why there are no real reviews out there to be found. I may just have to scratch that itch.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Just remember, people are PAID to endorse products. Anybody will usually endorse anything for the right price. That doesn't mean anything to me really. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Plugs?