PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pullin' in the garage.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Default Pullin' in the garage.....

Finally made room in my garage to park the H2 and as I was pulling in, my wife was watching to make sure I did not hit. Dayyyyyyuuuuummmmm its close. I had about 1/4th of an inch between the top roof bar and the door. I have the normal 9 ft door and its pulled up all the way and tight so its not drooping like some doors I have seen on garages. Anyone have this issue and if so, what did you do to correct it? I am hoping the 24's will lower it maybe 1/2 an inch so there is no problem but then in the winter when the stock wheels go back on, I will have the issue again. Suggestions? I know folks ahve to park their H2's inside. Dont want to remove the bars as it would take away alot from the look.

Thanks

Old 08-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Default RE: Pullin' in the garage.....

I did, I had to replace the garage door so I could fit my stock 03 H2 inside. The new door pulls up behind the opening or else the Hummer wouldn't fit. I bought my Hummer and kept it in a friends warehouse until I could change the door.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: DWP99

I did, I had to replace the garage door so I could fit my stock 03 H2 inside. The new door pulls up behind the opening or else the Hummer wouldn't fit. I bought my Hummer and kept it in a friends warehouse until I could change the door.

I dont understand "behind the opening?" At the top of the opening, there is a rubber strip, seals the top of the door. My door easily clears that rubber strip on top. Not sure what else I can do.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I'm getting my house built, and one of the options is the "extended height garage door"

I was told the standard garage doors on most homes are 7 feet high, and I paid extra for the 8 foot high garage door. Around here, 99% of everybody has a 7 foot high garage door. You said you have a 9 foot and it barely fits? Are you sure it's 9 feet high?

Old 08-25-2006, 09:13 PM

My door is 7 feet and I had to replace it. The old door was a one piece door that hung down 6 inches into the opening in the wall. The new door is a sectional door that rides on a curved track. It too hung down into the opening about 3 inches but I adjusted the opener to pull the door open a little more, that caused the door to ride up on the curved section of the track a little more. Now I have a full 7 feet in height to get the H2 in.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:46 PM

Yes 7 ft. Sorry, not 9ft [:@]

I took the H2 to my other garage that is attached to my house and it fine and had a few inches to spare. Not sure whu one would be different than another one but it is. Fits just fine. have to be careful though so I don't hit something on the side pulling in as I am not to well adjusted to something this big pulling in the garage. No mishaps yet but with time I will get more comfortable

Old 08-30-2006, 06:47 PM

You can always fold in the mirrors.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:05 AM

I know. I am worried about the brush guard taking out one of the shelves on the wall .....

Old 08-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

So you are going to go through that every time you park the H2? Good Luck!!

Old 08-31-2006, 02:50 PM

Nahh, after a few times of doing this, I "should' get the hang of it. The other side of my garage is packed right now but hoping this weekend to have it cleared out so we can park both the Escalade and the H2 in there. If so, I can park the H2 on the left (which would eliminate the concern for taking out shelves with the brush guard) and the Escalade on the right.

On another positive note, I think I talked my parents into a red H3 last night. We spent over 2 hrs at the dealer and they are working numbers. It was the first time my parents had seen the H2 and they were so impressed they wanted to go look at an H3 (H2's were out of their budget). Would be pretty cool to have a second Hummer in the family

Quick Reply: Pullin' in the garage.....