PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pros and cons of Big tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 12:20 AM
GQ3

I never said 35s wouldn't fit, I found out they would after doing my research, but I was just wondering about the brake calipers, but I will leave them alone. However, just out of curiosity, Wat type of american rims and tires do you suggest?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
GQ3

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Hello and welcome.....

You have not done your homework, a 35 tire fits absolutely fine on the back door, no problems. Monster wheels ain't that cool, not nearly, if you have to mess with calipers.

Weedhopper, you may leave when you have completed your homework.

I would never mount a foreign tire on my truck, no need to do it, buy American.
I never said 35s wouldn't fit, I found out they would after doing my research, but I was just wondering about the brake calipers, but I will leave them alone. However, just out of curiosity, Wat type of american rims and tires do you suggest?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

GQ3 you can buy anything you want, but I'll be happy to give you chit for buying foreign.

As for wheels, you probably already know they are the single biggest waste of $$ mod you can do, but it is your $$ to burn. Why not, mount some sweet tires on the stock rims and use the $$ you saved for other mods, or insurance, gas, maintenance? This all depends on what you intend to do with your truck. If it is just a Mall Queen, then do the cha cha rims and tires and call it done because 20" rims are not a good choice for off road. That doesn't imply you can never leave the pavement, but if you plan on wheeling it there are more mods you will need to do to get serious about it.

Tires: Goodyear, anything Cooper (Coopers, Mickey Thompson, and the rest of the family.. ) to start with.

My favs are Micky Thompson MTZ or ATZ, Cooper STT.

Please don't take some of the sarcastic ribbing you may get here too seriously, you are welcome to the forums and you can find a great deal of very good information here. Have some fun with it. Enjoy.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
GQ3

Originally Posted by GQ3
Originally Posted by Doc Olds
GQ3 you can buy anything you want, but I'll be happy to give you chit for buying foreign.

As for wheels, you probably already know they are the single biggest waste of $$ mod you can do, but it is your $$ to burn. Why not, mount some sweet tires on the stock rims and use the $$ you saved for other mods, or insurance, gas, maintenance? This all depends on what you intend to do with your truck. If it is just a Mall Queen, then do the cha cha rims and tires and call it done because 20" rims are not a good choice for off road. That doesn't imply you can never leave the pavement, but if you plan on wheeling it there are more mods you will need to do to get serious about it.

Tires: Goodyear, anything Cooper (Coopers, Mickey Thompson, and the rest of the family.. ) to start with.

My favs are Micky Thompson MTZ or ATZ, Cooper STT.

Please don't take some of the sarcastic ribbing you may get here too seriously, you are welcome to the forums and you can find a great deal of very good information here. Have some fun with it. Enjoy.
I appreciate it, thx for the tips, and I can take the sarcasm, I may be 20 but I'm no chil, but thx again...

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM

that's right, my family and i only buy American. i will pay extra with love if its made in USA. for exaple after my moms stupid bmw went back as lemon she got a new cady, is she happy? super happy. are we American? no we are not, only 12 years in USA

put some American made wheels and tires on ur h3 and support our economy

+ IT will look much nicer than 20 inch rims.

there is web site called MADEINUSA.COM

on the side of my hummer it proudly says >>>>100% MADE IN USA

Attached Thumbnails Pros and cons of Big tires-last-camping-trip-007.jpg   Pros and cons of Big tires-shasta-lake.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 02:36 PM

if you want big tires without the loss in MPG, try this....

Attached Thumbnails Pros and cons of Big tires-art_hummer_450.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by kauaineb
if you want big tires without the loss in MPG, try this...

Last edited by hummerz; 08-01-2012 at 03:05 PM.