PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PROBLEMS WITH H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH H3

Do yoiu guys suppose I can write my complaints to the same address as the evaluations they sent me, its an address in Ohio I believe ?? I just picked up my car thursday, 5th service, 19 days total in shop now, and they still did nothing to fix my wipers, they took the car apart so many times already, everything rattles in the car as they put back everything wrong, plastics bent, rubbers bent, now the roof part where the light is behind the sunroof is loose, when I hit the light swith the whole material part goes up with it untill I hit the hard part and can actually press it. They reinstalled the sunroof for the 3rd time and now that is not rattling again, they went back to original problem, its installed so low on back end, its almost inside the car...... next month it will go back for a few days to fix the windnoise and repainting for 3rd time due to scratches they made fixing the dent. Apparently wind noise is due to the crack that som many of you have on the roof railings..... when it cracks the plastic railings that are on sides of the windshield came loose, they just flopping around on my car almost in the air..... so they have the fix comming in sometime next month, supposedly they made the roof railings longer to keep the window rails tight with the windshield. Also replaced the back door cover (the lighter color one around the windshield) to get rid of the rattle, supposedly it happened to other cars then mine too and they have a better model comming in April to replace this one that cracks on the inside.
I don't know what I should do, go straight to an attorney, BBB or write the letter to Hummer, which already refused to replace the car. I think perhaps writing hummer and BBB at same time might help at first ?

Old 03-25-2006, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: G Man

I will get a print out of the specifics when the H3 is ready to be picked up.
Programing Updates

12602499-New calibration to address driveability concerns while in low range four wheel drive.

12604908-New calibration to correct rough idle after a cold start and DTC P0507 that may set during this rough idle condition

12606372-New calibration to address customer complaint of cruise being disabled.
Thanks Gary..

Did they get it all fixed up and running good for you now?..Notice any improvement, etc.?
Dennis
Yes, everything is working great. I had the remote start removed and the problem is gone. I had read on the Colorado Forum(same engine/electronics) that the remote start addition can cause things to get goofy. It worked great for the first month it was installed. Oh well, I am a happy camper again. Can't wait till my K&N kit and the all silver center caps arrive.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:48 PM

I have been selling hummers for a few months now. We have not seen too many problems, especially since the H3 is only a few months old. It always takes a little while to work out the kinks. H3Dude, I would look for a new service department. It sounds like professional parts changers and not mechanics are working on yours. We have noticed a head issue on the H3. There were no problems for the first six or seven months, from our customers, and now we have had four heads replaced in four weeks. The problem is a quality control issue with the valve guides, not the design. Mikey, the plastic rails on top of the H3 are currently being redesigned. There is an issue with them cracking in the joint right about the drivers door. There is going to be a TSB to replace those when the new design is finished. If anyone had any questions, I'm not an expert, but I do spend 12 hours a day with these things

Old 03-26-2006, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: IsellHummers

I have been selling hummers for a few months now. We have not seen too many problems, especially since the H3 is only a few months old. It always takes a little while to work out the kinks. H3Dude, I would look for a new service department. It sounds like professional parts changers and not mechanics are working on yours. We have noticed a head issue on the H3. There were no problems for the first six or seven months, from our customers, and now we have had four heads replaced in four weeks. The problem is a quality control issue with the valve guides, not the design. Mikey, the plastic rails on top of the H3 are currently being redesigned. There is an issue with them cracking in the joint right about the drivers door. There is going to be a TSB to replace those when the new design is finished. If anyone had any questions, I'm not an expert, but I do spend 12 hours a day with these things
Welcome..Glad to have you on board...I have it on good info that the New roof rails will be ready for disbursement in May....My dealer here in OKC has had nobody come in with head issues (yet), so hopefully this is not a global problem with them all..Be interesting to see the VIN range these problemed cars are in...I'll bet it is within a specific VIN range.

Anyway..What is your dealership's take or stand on tweeking the torsion bars to raise the front end a tad more to bring it level even with the rear end?..Some here have done it and are happy with it..I'm still a little leary, as it may screw with the whole suspension dynamics and mess with the handling, etc...

Old 03-26-2006, 04:48 PM

Driver's side turn signal bulb burned out, dealer replaced it in about 15 minutes without an appointment.

Otherwise, the only other problem is that everyone wants a ride in it!

Old 03-27-2006, 09:42 AM

I been told by my dealer the problem with the crack in the rails has been made and they just waiting on the part to replace mine, already replaced on another vehicle I was told. Then again looks like people at my dealer are a bunch of morons so who knows..... does anyone care to comment my previous post, still not sure who I should write

Old 03-27-2006, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

Do yoiu guys suppose I can write my complaints to the same address as the evaluations they sent me, its an address in Ohio I believe ?? I just picked up my car thursday, 5th service, 19 days total in shop now, and they still did nothing to fix my wipers, they took the car apart so many times already, everything rattles in the car as they put back everything wrong, plastics bent, rubbers bent, now the roof part where the light is behind the sunroof is loose, when I hit the light swith the whole material part goes up with it untill I hit the hard part and can actually press it. They reinstalled the sunroof for the 3rd time and now that is not rattling again, they went back to original problem, its installed so low on back end, its almost inside the car...... next month it will go back for a few days to fix the windnoise and repainting for 3rd time due to scratches they made fixing the dent. Apparently wind noise is due to the crack that som many of you have on the roof railings..... when it cracks the plastic railings that are on sides of the windshield came loose, they just flopping around on my car almost in the air..... so they have the fix comming in sometime next month, supposedly they made the roof railings longer to keep the window rails tight with the windshield. Also replaced the back door cover (the lighter color one around the windshield) to get rid of the rattle, supposedly it happened to other cars then mine too and they have a better model comming in April to replace this one that cracks on the inside.
I don't know what I should do, go straight to an attorney, BBB or write the letter to Hummer, which already refused to replace the car. I think perhaps writing hummer and BBB at same time might help at first ?
There is NO TWO WAYS about it Raffi...Take your POS, destroyed H3 to a lawyer's office that deals with auto issues NOW!!!!! Have them go over it with you on ALL the problems, original and the ones the dealer has caused and take pictures too..Then SUE , SUE their asses off...This is the only way you'll get rid of this disaster...You will never be happy and always feel bad about Hummer until you do..and it's All because of this ignorant dealership...May cost you a couple of hundred bucks, but it just might get you a new HUMMER..Now do it and don't think anymore you can do any better yourself, because obviously you didn't and I advised you of this before..So Now this is your chance to salvage what sanity you might have left...Just do it, damn it, you have nothing to lose!

Oh and Good Luck.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 AM

The only real problem I have had is the rear main began leaking at about 3,000 miles. The dealer provided a loaner and it was repaired in 3 days; of course the part was not in stock. So far it's a good fix, but should NEVER have happened.

However, I do have a question. I have the Monsoon 7 speaker in dash CD changer. The radio does not display station or song titles like the similar unit in my wife's Trailblazer does. I do not have XM. The dealer says this is normal, is he right?[sm=feedback.gif]

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 AM

I was told from my dealer it the radio station they have to update some already did he knew of a couple and showed me it worked for once GM is a head of the game

Old 03-28-2006, 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

I was told from my dealer it the radio station they have to update some already did he knew of a couple and showed me it worked for once GM is a head of the game
Mark maybe right..The current or old style Radio format for this info is called RDS (Radio Data System) these radios in our H3s don't operate with that format ...XM broadcasts do transmit with the proper data for these radios.

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS WITH H3