PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PROBLEMS WITH H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH H3

I will definitely try that if you think it might help, also I have not sent back my evaluation yet and its going to be a good one I think I am going to fill it out this week. The car is back in shop today, and they already told me they wont do everything at once, they will paint the scratches next time around....... What do you mean BBB and local paper was copied about it? meaning u emailed them ? or mail ? cuz if mail how can they know where you sent it ?

to Hummerific: I am not sure if I should be posting dealer specific info on this forum ?? maybe dilo as an admin should speak

Old 03-14-2006, 06:08 PM

this was back before email was so prevalant, so it was regular snail mail. on the bottom left hand corner of the letter, under my name, i listed the name of the guy at the Sac Bee I sent it to, and the office address for the BBB, along with the Ford address. i just made 3 copies of the original, signed them all in blue ink, kept 1 and mailed the rest. So far i've been pretty successful with that, a battle with MCI got me an $80 refund i shouldn't have been charged in the first place, and an email to cingular's (former employer) CEO had a technician at my house the next day troubleshooting the lack of coverage. i tried ranting and raving at the local folks, but that never tends to work. go straight to the top with the facts,and as much detail as possible (dates, names, time in the shop, scratches and how they responded, etc) and the $hite rolls back down hill. The evaluation should help you too, although they never give you enough room to write down all your thoughts. after what you've been through, you'll need a few pages. good luck.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:02 PM

I used an attorney, because of problems I had with my H3 and I won a cash settlement, extended warranty (100,000 miles, excluding the miles I already have on it) and attorney fees. It may be worth looking into.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:13 PM

Just an update on my current repairs....
Dealer is waiting on a new check strap for the drivers door to come in. They reprogramed my PCM/drivers control module today. Apparently, there is an updated program that "fixes many performance and drivability issues". I will get a print out of the specifics when the H3 is ready to be picked up. I asked about this because I noticed that most of the members on the Colorado Forum had thier PCM's reprogramed by the dealer. Might be something everyone should look into.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:52 PM

updated programming is something that should be standard at the dealer everytime you take it in, it is at my dealer. if you have an aftermarket program like i do, you want to make sure you tell them, otherwise they'll overwrite your program and you'll lose all your custom stuff.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: G Man

Just an update on my current repairs....
Dealer is waiting on a new check strap for the drivers door to come in. They reprogramed my PCM/drivers control module today. Apparently, there is an updated program that "fixes many performance and drivability issues". I will get a print out of the specifics when the H3 is ready to be picked up. I asked about this because I noticed that most of the members on the Colorado Forum had thier PCM's reprogramed by the dealer. Might be something everyone should look into.
Yes that would be great info..See if you can find out if this PCM up-grade is only applicable to a certain VIN range, in addition to the Service bullitin number.. Thanks

Old 03-24-2006, 11:17 AM

I will get a print out of the specifics when the H3 is ready to be picked up.
Programing Updates

12602499-New calibration to address driveability concerns while in low range four wheel drive.

12604908-New calibration to correct rough idle after a cold start and DTC P0507 that may set during this rough idle condition

12606372-New calibration to address customer complaint of cruise being disabled.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: G Man

I will get a print out of the specifics when the H3 is ready to be picked up.
Programing Updates

12602499-New calibration to address driveability concerns while in low range four wheel drive.

12604908-New calibration to correct rough idle after a cold start and DTC P0507 that may set during this rough idle condition

12606372-New calibration to address customer complaint of cruise being disabled.
Thanks Gary..

Did they get it all fixed up and running good for you now?..Notice any improvement, etc.?

Old 03-24-2006, 07:53 PM

I also purchased a H3/LUX Automatic last December. I purchased it from Fitzpatrick Hummer in Concord, CA. To my disappointment I had a Check Engine
light indicator which the ON-Star (amazingly) diagnosed as a Cylinder 2 MISFIRE. I immediately took it back to the dealer for repair. They said it's major work and
I had to leave it with them for 4-5 days. They called me when it was complete and was disappointed when I arrived at the shop that my H3 had to be re-worked on.
It took another 5 days for them to "fix" what was already "repaired". Basically they had to open the whole engine block to do the following:
Remove cylinder head to lap valves and replaced stem seals. Reinstalled head and replaced needed gaskets and seals and bolts. Filled engine with coolant
and oil. Reflashed PCM with latest calibration. Engine started missing #2 cylinder after 21 miles of road test. Pulled head and found insufficient lapping of #2 intake valves.
Lapped valves and checked seal with brake kleln until no leakage noted. Reassemble head and reinstalled iwth all new gaskets and bolts.

Now I am not a mechanic but I just lost that "reliability" feeling everytime I drive the H3!!. I posted my concern at www.california-lemonlawlawyers.com to track my
specific case. So any more engine problems they would track and if appropriate would take legal measures to perhaps get my money back for a full refund.

I think this may be bigger and more common than I thought since one of you guys have posted the same problem.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: NCAHummer

I also purchased a H3/LUX Automatic last December. I purchased it from Fitzpatrick Hummer in Concord, CA. To my disappointment I had a Check Engine
light indicator which the ON-Star (amazingly) diagnosed as a Cylinder 2 MISFIRE. I immediately took it back to the dealer for repair. They said it's major work and
I had to leave it with them for 4-5 days. They called me when it was complete and was disappointed when I arrived at the shop that my H3 had to be re-worked on.
It took another 5 days for them to "fix" what was already "repaired". Basically they had to open the whole engine block to do the following:
Remove cylinder head to lap valves and replaced stem seals. Reinstalled head and replaced needed gaskets and seals and bolts. Filled engine with coolant
and oil. Reflashed PCM with latest calibration. Engine started missing #2 cylinder after 21 miles of road test. Pulled head and found insufficient lapping of #2 intake valves.
Lapped valves and checked seal with brake kleln until no leakage noted. Reassemble head and reinstalled iwth all new gaskets and bolts.

Now I am not a mechanic but I just lost that "reliability" feeling everytime I drive the H3!!. I posted my concern at www.california-lemonlawlawyers.com to track my
specific case. So any more engine problems they would track and if appropriate would take legal measures to perhaps get my money back for a full refund.

I think this may be bigger and more common than I thought since one of you guys have posted the same problem.

I had a problem one time and after it was over i found out the bank will go after them .So if you have loan out they own the truck and they will go after GM

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS WITH H3